The MT-07 Forum

F Trip

bigity

• 7 months later...

So each fill up I'm getting more daring. ..yesterday flashed and I went 22 miles after making 126..only 48.9 mpg ..highest without getting on highway above 56 51mpg so...how far can we go safely before we sout and run dry????

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

3.7*50 = 185. I just fill up when I am near a gas station and have nothing better to do.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• 10 months later...
twowheeladdict

I have tracked 3 tanks so far.

The low fuel started flashing at 132, 120, and 133 miles on the trip meter.

Total miles to fill up were 155.3, 125.1, and 158.6.

Fuel added to bring the level back up to the recommended full with bike on side stand was 2.89, 2.4, and 2.91

That give me 53.74, 52.125, and 54.5 MPG.

In the two cases where I went 20+ miles before filling up, I was out in the country and was sweating it because I didn't know how far I could go on F trip.

I may have to get one of those MSR bottles and push it to 40 miles to see.

2015 FZ-07

I don't know about anyone else but I don't worry and wonder about it with my method and I automatically assume I can go at least twenty miles on E and that's plenty to get to a gas station but to be extra sure, when I'm down to 1 bar I just hit the closest gas station. I don't stress and it gives me a chance to clean the bugs off my visor that much sooner anyway. No bfd to me.

Beemer

I don't know about anyone else but I don't worry and wonder about it with my method and I automatically assume I can go at least twenty miles on E and that's plenty to get to a gas station but to be extra sure, when I'm down to 1 bar I just hit the closest gas station. I don't stress and it gives me a chance to clean the bugs off my visor that much sooner anyway. No bfd to me.
I usually do that too but last year I was out in the country about 200 miles from home and didn't see a gas station for maybe 75 miles! I went 30 miles on F trip cursing up a storm in my helmet. Finally found a one pump station. I wanted to kiss the pump. 

I usually do that too but last year I was out in the country about 200 miles from home and didn't see a gas station for maybe 75 miles! I went 30 miles on F trip cursing up a storm in my helmet. Finally found a one pump station. I wanted to kiss the pump.

Ha! So it's true, sh*t does happen! :P  I tried taking a short cut through the hills of West Virginia once and after about 5 miles of that twisted nightmare I started to feel lost and the wife was going into hysterics screaming so I back tracked and got my wits and hearing back. There are some places you don't want to travel unless you live there and know the roads and locations of gas stations. What cruizin said is a good idea for when traveling in BFE, an MSR can (or two) of gasoline just in case. 

Beemer

Archived