The MT-07 Forum

First thing you will mod on your FZ-07

Guest brickst3r

Guest brickst3r

First thing i'm going to change are going to be the blinkers. I think the front blinkers look like goofy ears. Then hopefully i'll have enough money for a Akrapovic exhaust. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exhaust for sure. The Akrpovich is nice, Leo Vince makes one for the MT-07 I am tried reaching out to them on twitter to see if it will fit the fz but no response.

Guest montana07

I'd assume that it would Ryan, everything I've read indicates that the FZ-07 and MT-07 are identical bikes.

As for my first mod, frame sliders, I actually have a pair of R&G aero frame sliders coming in the mail as we speak.  After that, I'll probably look at a fender eliminator kit, the rear blinker and plate assembly is hideous. 

Had a chance to see a 07 last night at a local shop, have to agree that the turn signals, especially the rear need to be changed. I like how they have the taillight integrated under the seat, unlike the 09 (no offense 09 owners) where it looks like an afterthought in the way it is mounted at the rear of the seat.

Hoping to get back down to take it for a spin b4 it sells.

Guest brickst3r

I haven't seen or heard the leo vince on an mt or fz. I do like their exhaust though, especially on R6's. I'm definitely getting frame sliders as well. Yamaha makes a engine cover too or guard, Not sure if that's the same. But I will get the proper protection for the bike as well.

olderthandirt

I had an Akrapovic ordered from E-Bay Italy....but seller said they were backordered. Had to wait for a refund...and today ordered again from a UK vendor.
You have to watch these Internet vendors. They guarantee you a specific delivery date...but they can't deliver because they never had the item in stock to begin with.  
So far I bought an FZ07 and a pipe...and don't have either one....ha ha.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

Guest brickst3r

Haha, The akrapovic will eventually be sold in the US right? I can wait on that mod if i know it's gonna make it's way to the states. Also not sure if prices will be more or less when they're here.

TwistedTorque
Haha, The akrapovic will eventually be sold in the US right? I can wait on that mod if i know it's gonna make it's way to the states. Also not sure if prices will be more or less when they're here.
I can't see how they wouldn't release it here. Only a matter of time before more parts starting showing up on local retailers in the states. The good news for us is that since the bike has already been out things will go a lot quicker than having to wait for custom stuff to be made. 

Guest brickst3r

I would wait for US vendors to have them in stock then. Just in case anything is wrong or damage it's a hassle to ship back returns through international

Yeah the akropovic exhaust is already on sale here in the states on revzilla. It's a pre order. 790 for the carbon and 9 something for the titanium. I wanna hear the Leo Vince...

Guest brickst3r

Sweet, I will probably order the titanium from them. but I do wanna see how much the Leo Vince will be. Here is a video of the leo vince.

Guest brickst3r

yea your right, now that i look at the passenger pegs it's probably not. I video doesn't show anything else but the wheel and exhaust.

Guest ybcheese

I also feel the first thing i would have to upgrade is the exhaust. Anyone think that we will see any company's do a slip on? The one I seen for the fz 09 had to be some what fabricated. I wouldn't mind that, if the price is right. So much to do with so little money.

• Global Moderator

I believe the FZ-07 has a one piece exhaust, so there will not be a slip on. The whole exhaust will have to be replaced. I am basing that off MT-07 videos I have seen so I suppose the FZ-07 could be different. Can anyone who has theirs already verify this?

Guest ybcheese
I believe the FZ-07 has a one piece exhaust, so there will not be a slip on. The whole exhaust will have to be replaced. I am basing that off MT-07 videos I have seen so I suppose the FZ-07 could be different. Can anyone who has theirs already verify this?

Mjh I hear you on the one piece exhaust on the fz-07. I assumed it was also a one piece. The fz-09 Also has a one piece exhaust, however they have slip ons. It takes cutting the headers off and using a clamp based system. I just don't know if its worth it; you might save some money but then you also dont have the original pipes. It takes some mechanical experience, I don't think its recommended to be attempted by a novice.

• Global Moderator

Good point. I did not think about cutting the pipe. I am not sure I would be comfortable doing that, but maybe a muffler shop might do it if I decide to go that way.

• Global Moderator

As for mods, I'm not much of of modder myself. Just some personal touches. A [a href=http://yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=37&categoryId=38&itemId=3825]tail tidy[/a] is on the list and depending on how the kit looks with the stock turn signals maybe a set of [a href=http://yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=13&categoryId=61&itemId=795]these[/a] (front and back)
Not sure yet if I am going to invest in an exhaust. I want to ride it first and I prefer a quiet bike. 
But if I do, the Akrapovic is high on the list.

The factory warning decals will go but I will add two small [a href=http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rising-Sun-Flag-Decal-12-2-Japanese-Japan-Vinyl-Helmet-Sticker-VS7/371088756958?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620075055%26meid%3D8043237384706052986%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140620075055%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D360967032104]signature stickers[/a] I put on all my Japanese vehicles.  8-)

Technically not a mod but I am considering [a href=http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/kriega-us-10-drypack.html]this tail bag[/a]. 

• Global Moderator

guru, I cannot get your links to work. I am curious about the stickers and turn signals. From the photos I have seen I think new turn signals will be high on my list. Of course once it arrives and I see it in person I may change my mind. Hopefully it will be here this week. We have been having fantastic weather here and I really wish I was out riding.

• Global Moderator

Thanks for fixing them. I like the stickers, but definitely need the LED turn signals.

missourifz07

Exhaust..type: to be determined. I have only seen the akropovic and the arrow, long and short. I want more options, now!! Lol...although I think both of those sound great.

To curb my lust for mods I have ordered the gytr front cowl. Should be in Tuesday. I'd also like a tidy tail but have not taken the time to see how much new blinkers will be since it seems that most tidy kits won't fit the original blinkers. I may be mistaken but I think that was the case with most kits I found. Set me straight if you all know different.

After that I am seriously considering a protector for the radiator, not the sides but the front guard. Those billet side covers are sweet though!! Not only could it save a repair or breakdown, but I think they look good too.

But most importantly...I am on the hunt for exhaust options.

missourifz07

Good finds guru...I hadn't seen that specific tidy, looks good. Much longer than others I've seen but I like it.

Archived