The MT-07 Forum

Renthal Low handlebars / New Throttle / New Grips

takenchance

[div style=text-align:center]Today I installed new renthal low handlebars, a MotionPro throttle sleeve and Pro grip blue and black grips.

Total Time: 2 Hours
Price: $91.93 (w/ Amazon prime)

Renthal Handlebars
[div]Taking off the stock handlebars wasn't too hard. If you know a little about what you are doing (Tons of YouTube videos out there) you can get it done. I hated the clutch assembly and just left that on until I completely removed the whole handlebar and then just slid it off the one end. I decided against drilling the holes into handlebars because the drill I have sucks and took a little to much time. I decided to use rubber strips under the components instead and they seem to be holding very well, no movement at all once tightened down. I grinded away at the little nubs that are suppose to go into the holes with my dremel, very easy to do. Now I went with the Low style instead of the ultra low because I was afraid it would be too low (even though i read about them on here) but now I am thinking that isn't the case. The new handlebars are almost in the same spot but a little lower. I love the new position as I feel more relaxed and leaning a little more over but not by a ton. The ultra lows are probably the best way to go. Overall the build quality is amazing and I love the black look of them. 

Stock Bars

20170111_092630.jpg

20170111_092634.jpg

Removal Process

20170111_102716.jpg

Comparison! Stock vs Low

20170111_102814.jpg

20170111_102822.jpg

Pro Grip 719 RVGS Gel Grips

So I have only ridden about 30 miles so far with these babies on but what I can say is that I love this color and they are comfortable! It matches the bike so well and the grips overall have a great style. Putting them on was the hardest part. I put them on by hand and just twisted them onto the throttle sleeve and the handlebars. Getting the stock grip off the left side was fairly easy. I just put a flat head screwdriver down the side and rotated it around until the grip came off. It was hard work getting the grips on (and there are easier ways) but it was well worth it. They are gel and the vibration is not too bad. Overall great grips for 17 dollars. 

Motion Pro 01-0094 Throttle Sleeve

I got this based on another post on here where they got this sleeve and they loved it. AND I AGREE! Seriously amazing throttle sleeve. There is a very slight gap in between no throttle and throttle and it amazing how far you don't have to go to get full throttle response. Before I had the V-wrist thing going on when I opened her up. Now it's way different, all the power is right there for me to go out and grab a handful of ass. This sleeve is amazing and don't listen to Amazon it does fit a Yamaha Fz-07 2016 and the reviews don't truly reflect this product.

20170111_171107.jpg

20170111_171118.jpg

Final product.

20170111_171056.jpg
20170111_171131.jpg

What's next!?

- CRG Arrow Mirrors
- Exhaust
- Turn Signals
- Intergrated Tail Light

Links!
Motion Pro Sleeve
Pro Grips (Blue & Black)
Renthal Street Handlebars (Black & Low)

[/div][/div]

Nice, I like those bars but just wondering why you put the left grip on backwards? Just seeing if we're awake right?
Wow. I never even noticed..... I need to fix that. I guess that what happens when I don't get enough sleep. Good catch.

• Premium Member
Nice, I like those bars but just wondering why you put the left grip on backwards? Just seeing if we're awake right?
Wow. I never even noticed..... I need to fix that. I guess that what happens when I don't get enough sleep. Good catch.

Hahahaha!!!!

takenchance, I reread your install and didn't see anywhere that mentioned using grip glue to put your grips on, if you didn't, then this needs to be done as it is a major safety issue. With glue inside the grip and on the bar, the grip would have slipped on easier (unless you were slow and the glue solvents flashed off). Notice the groove around your grip, that's there for safety wire to add an additional safety measure, if that grip were to come off in your hand at an inopportune moment it could prove deadly. If you did glue them on, just ignore me.

takenchance, I reread your install and didn't see anywhere that mentioned using grip glue to put your grips on, if you didn't, then this needs to be done as it is a major safety issue. With glue inside the grip and on the bar, the grip would have slipped on easier (unless you were slow and the glue solvents flashed off). Notice the groove around your grip, that's there for safety wire to add an additional safety measure, if that grip were to come off in your hand at an inopportune moment it could prove deadly. If you did glue them on, just ignore me.

On the throttle grip I used grip glue and it holds really good. On the left side I didn't use glue, the bar has grooves in it and I thought that would hold. I havent had any issues yet. Maybe when I go to flip it the right way I will use the rest of my friends grip glue.

On the throttle grip I used grip glue and it holds really good. On the left side I didn't use glue, the bar has grooves in it and I thought that would hold. I havent had any issues yet. Maybe when I go to flip it the right way I will use the rest of my friends grip glue.
No the grooves aren't enough,  when you have an issue you'll wish you had glued that grip on.  

Archived