The MT-07 Forum

Kind of a New Rider

darkness14

Well like the title explains it all, I'm kind of a new rider. I'm more so here because my wife has elected to upgrade from my hand me down 300 to a gorgeous 2016 FZ-07. Figured I would join this forum to learn about the bike as much as I can before we try to purchase after the sale of of the 300. We went to a stealership here in town and I kid you not she fell in love with the bike and the scheme all within 5 minutes of being there. Everything about it just fit and suited her. I had a hard time trying to get her to try out other bikes she was that sold, lol. Anyways as for me I upgraded to a Daytona 675 last spring and needlesss to say it's pretty much my dream bike. Don't get me wrong I do intend on using the FZ-07 a bit especially commuting to and from work when she is out of town or something. Anyways glad I'm here and can't wait to get going with some upgrades and info about this bike

Hi! That Daytona 675 is one sexy bike. If she gets it, I'm sure your wife with love the FZ. I never let my husband ride my bike. He's a very capable rider but my bike was my baby and no one touched him. P-)

Just a fair bit of warning for you if you intend to use it for commuting, you will fall in love with how easy it is to ride relative to your Daytona 675. Sure your Daytona crushes the FZ07 in the canyons, but when it comes to low speed handling and city stop and go and redlight take offs, you will fall in love with the FZ. And then those days where you have to commute with your 675, you'll be all like "WTF why am I doing this?"!

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Just a fair bit of warning for you if you intend to use it for commuting, you will fall in love with how easy it is to ride relative to your Daytona 675. Sure your Daytona crushes the FZ07 in the canyons, but when it comes to low speed handling and city stop and go and redlight take offs, you will fall in love with the FZ. And then those days where you have to commute with your 675, you'll be all like "WTF why am I doing this?"!

I feel you completely, I rarely commute to and from work on the 675 because 1.) I live 6 miles from where I work, to much work to go and get my bike(I live in a townhouse at the moment and my garage is either 1 minute drive or a 10-15 minute walk away) and 2. Rush hour traffic blows like no other, stop and go for 30 straight minutes especially in the heat of summer. Besides I have a feeling my wife will be commuting daily on the Fz, although I don't like how there isn't much security with keeping her bike out of foot traffic or caged traffic while parked in the parking lot

Hi! That Daytona 675 is one sexy bike. If she gets it, I'm sure your wife with love the FZ. I never let my husband ride my bike. He's a very capable rider but my bike was my baby and no one touched him. P-)

Already have the Daytona, and my wife is super pumped to get the fz come the spring. She is already telling me that I can't ride it. But the way I see it is, if I'm selling my 300 and I'm going to basically be the mechanic......... I can ride her baby anytime. Besides I've been riding since I was 14 and I'm 27 now, this will be my 4th season on the streets

Already have the Daytona, and my wife is super pumped to get the fz come the spring. She is already telling me that I can't ride it. But the way I see it is, if I'm selling my 300 and I'm going to basically be the mechanic......... I can ride her baby anytime. Besides I've been riding since I was 14 and I'm 27 now, this will be my 4th season on the streets
Please encourage her to do some of the work. At least chain cleaning and lube and oil change. I'm 47 now and I think your bike would kill my back but I think it's the best looking bike out there. 

Please encourage her to do some of the work. At least chain cleaning and lube and oil change. I'm 47 now and I think your bike would kill my back but I think it's the best looking bike out there.

Hurts me at first but I get use to it afterwards. My biggest goal is trying to get her to take the msf course then teaching her how to maintenance her bike

• Premium Member

Welcome! Congrats to you and the wifey.

My wife now rides the FZ mainly, and I definitely miss riding it sometimes.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

What do you ride?

Well like the title explains it all, I'm kind of a new rider. I'm more so here because my wife has elected to upgrade from my hand me down 300 to a gorgeous 2016 FZ-07. Figured I would join this forum to learn about the bike as much as I can before we try to purchase after the sale of of the 300. We went to a stealership here in town and I kid you not she fell in love with the bike and the scheme all within 5 minutes of being there. Everything about it just fit and suited her. I had a hard time trying to get her to try out other bikes she was that sold, lol. Anyways as for me I upgraded to a Daytona 675 last spring and needlesss to say it's pretty much my dream bike. Don't get me wrong I do intend on using the FZ-07 a bit especially commuting to and from work when she is out of town or something. Anyways glad I'm here and can't wait to get going with some upgrades and info about this bike

By the way I'm chiming in from Ohio

• Premium Member

What do you ride?
The other bike is a Ducati Scrambler.  [instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BO7up7OFtMb]

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 2 weeks later...
What do you ride?
The other bike is a Ducati Scrambler.  [instagram url=https://www.instagram.com/p/BO7up7OFtMb]
I ride a Daytona 675, and right now im trying to sell my Ninja 300(very slow process, don't want to give it to the dealership becasue they will low ball me to make them the money im asking for)

• 1 month later...

So I just bought the A 2016 grahphite and neon yellow FZ-07, best part about it is, my wife has no idea I'm surprising her with this bike, I also bought a two brothers full exhaust system as well, not sure how it will sound but YouTube sure made it sound good. Honestly I just want to get it so I can try it out myself

• Premium Member

I ride an FZ and my wife rides a Tuono, She can rid the FZ whenever she likes, but I need permission for the Tuono..... I kid I kid, but actually, when we ride together I usually ride bitch on the way out and she we switch for the ride home.

You will love the FZ 07 and as many have said it is a perfect commuter.

~Pete

'16 FZ07

Archived