The MT-07 Forum

Rode new FZ-07 home just before the snow

farble

Now it is in the shed snowed in until spring. I live in Rhode Island, am 70 yrs old. My doctor said I should not give up riding, so I got a new bike. Last bike was a BMW R1100S. didn't enjoy it. I thought it was me getting old, but it was the bike. The FZ-07 is fun. So light and comfortable and peppy.

Planning to install a Yamaha 50 liter hard tail case, touring size windshield, heated grips, wiring for heated vest.

Question on the accessory wiring. I am thinking of using the fuzeblock fz1 for convenience. It is a pretty big box. Where can it fit on the FZ-07?

Looking forward to spring. Track days seem possible again.

-Chris

Guest 2wheeler
My doctor said I should not give up riding, so I got a new bike.
Welcome! 
I like both your doctor and your attitude!!!

You will have a lot of fun on your FZ-07! Really dig into the info on this forum, you will be amazed at all the things you can and probably will do to your bike.

Congrats! Sounds like a great doctor and who can refuse a new bike when it's "Doctor's Orders". hehe. I can't say for certain but I recall reading an article mentioning a "shelf" under the seat that would house the ABS module that do not come with the pre 2017 FZ-07's. That may provide enough room to locate the unit, though hopefully someone with more experience than I (ie: everyone) comes along to help.

Welcome, I think I need a new doctor! The empty shelf being referenced is behind the fuel tank's right side faux inlet scoop which is where the ECU resides and indeed is where components for the ABS model would have been mounted and is big enough for a grapefruit, is that big enough for you? Reach your hand in above the cylinder head from the rt. side as if you were going to change the spark plugs and the 2 studs sticking down (unused and can be cut off) to impale the top of your hand are sticking down from the bottom of the shelf.

Good luck and try and have that doc prescribe an early spring for you...

Welcome and congrats! I bet you have a lot of knowledge to share with us spring chickens, heh! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived