The MT-07 Forum

Air filter foam/hordbox/DNA

crsnhppr

Tell me why if I take the stock air snorkel,plate,filter element out and just go grab a decent sized rectangular or circular dirt bike/atv high performance foam oiled air filter and just shove that inside the airbox it'll just suck even though I've got an ejk and can adjust for afr's?

Suck and not give me comparable gains to hordbox,DNA stage2, or a K&N snorkel-less , or even an MWR

Guest 2wheeler

FWIW, the MWR is essentially a large rectangular dirt bike filter. Except for some metal securing plates on the top of the filter which allow it to sit on the top of the airbox to position the filter, it's all foam. You need the lid to secure it in place. If you haven't read this thread yet, check it out. I have it on my bike and you can hear the sucking difference as well as feel it.

http://fz07.org/thread/6237/mwr-dna-filter-dyno-tested

• Premium Member

The hordpower airbox is totally diffrent than the stock airbox so it would be unfair to compare it to KN, DNA or MWR filters...the culprit is them long crazy straw intake tubes in the stock airbox which benefit from a really easy flowing filter such as MWR..

the Hordpower airbox is designed to shine above 6k rpms where the stock airbox falls short...i went with Hordpower as i needed more power in the upper rpms with no losses in the lower rpms...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived