The MT-07 Forum

Cheers!

tripfitmoto

I've been on here for a bit but never introduced myself and slow you all the bike.

And cheers to riding the best twin in it's class! I love this bike and everything it can do. Also like how easy it is to customize it with all the aftermarket parts.

I'm from Indiana, I get to only ride 7 to 8 months, so that's why she's at her current sleep status:
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/586f3aa77d352/IMG_20161221_173534_068.jpg?

It's a 2016, originally black but I changed to the white fairings for contrast. Rode it to 5k last year, planning to add lots more when Spring comes around.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/586f3aa3b6f1f/IMG_20161228_161148_619.jpg?

Welcome officially then!! :))
Thanks and not sure why the pictures didn't upload on here...
I'll try again.

This is what hibernation mode looks like:
Garage_Pic.png

This was taken before the fairing switch:
Before.png

After:
New_fairings.png

Which size badge was installed on the black fairings? Personally i prefer the black ones over the white ones. Sorry!

Which size badge was installed on the black fairings? Personally i prefer the black ones over the white ones. Sorry!
To each their own right? I prefer the contrast of the black/white but I can see why a lot people like having black bikes, they aren't flashy and tend to attract less cops ;) . I've personally never gotten pulled over in a black or silver bike...only when I was on a yellow 600rr and bright blue sv650.

The badge is the same size, I put a red sticker over it. There's a lady on ebay from Chicago who makes them for $10. She includes the stickers on the back and as well Yamaha stickers which I never used. Pretty good deal. If you're interested, I can send you the link to her ebay page, let me know.

I installed a 40mm badge. The actual size is 50mm. So I have one now thanks!

I prefer black because of the cleaning haha

Actually, when you put a little dust on white it still looks white from a distance but it looks brown on black paint. I've had both black & white cars/bikes and the black is harder to maintain it's good looks than white. I was constantly washing and waxing my black vehicles but I.M.O. they always looked better with that mirror finish and lights reflecting off them at night. I do have a white FZ myself and appreciate not having to wash it as much. 

Beemer

Welcome officially then!! :))

What is "hibernation"????? with all the heated gears and heavy duty clothing, hibernation should be something of the past ??? , no excuses for the braves (rofl)  

• Premium Member
Actually, when you put a little dust on white it still looks white from a distance but it looks brown on black paint. I've had both black & white cars/bikes and the black is harder to maintain it's good looks than white. I was constantly washing and waxing my black vehicles but I.M.O. they always looked better with that mirror finish and lights reflecting off them at night. I do have a white FZ myself and appreciate not having to wash it as much.
Welcome to the forum.  I like the white! 
I currently own a Black Civic Si.  It's the first black car I've ever owned.  ... and the last.  It looks great on the showroom, or right after it's detailed, but looks like hell 5 minutes later, and I just don't have the time or patience for that. I've owned white and silver cars that you could go for months without cleaning and they looked descent.  Bikes are a little more forgiving because there aren't as many large surface areas, but for cars... just say NO to black. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Welcome to the forum.  I like the white! 
I currently own a Black Civic Si.  It's the first black car I've ever owned.  ... and the last.  It looks great on the showroom, or right after it's detailed, but looks like hell 5 minutes later, and I just don't have the time or patience for that. I've owned white and silver cars that you could go for months without cleaning and they looked descent.  Bikes are a little more forgiving because there aren't as many large surface areas, but for cars... just say NO to black. :)

Thank you! My black Olds was hell to keep clean. Had a white Toyota Paseo at one time and it always looked white no matter the dirt film. Much easier to clean a black bike there's so little to clean. 

Beemer

What is "hibernation"????? with all the heated gears and heavy duty clothing, hibernation should be something of the past ??? , no excuses for the braves (rofl)
I would ride all year if i could but only if roads stayed above freezing. Ice on the ground scares the living crap outta me on a bike.

I've slid down a hill on a bike before and almost highsides because of ice, it was 45 degrees F out except the road was a bit wet and covered by trees. After that, I was fully content with waiting a few months to ride.

Archived