The MT-07 Forum

NEED HELP MAKING NEW JACKETS AND PANTS.

skiddum

So im making my own gear witch I've been finding out isn't cheep. But once I get everything it'll actually have saved me money cause I can't find a jacket that's everything I want it to be.
So you guys have ridden for a long time.
I need to know the week points on any jacket as well as pants. Anything you guys think can help me out.
As well I'm looking for a guinea pig. Someone who knows gear extremely well and is in cold weather like 30s and below all the way up to 80 to 100+ degrees. These jackets will be Taylor maid to the rider spacificly. Im in the development stage of this so I need some helpful advice as well as someone to test the gear out in extreme conditions these jackets are going to be 4 season. I ride, my dad rides, and my wife rides on the back with either of us so I'm making these jackets for us. But I want to also make then for other people. What I can tell you is they will be leather and they'll have CE Level 2 all around. No cheep crap is going into these. As well as Teflon stitching for added protection and durability. If interested in being a guinea pig then please contact me. I'm looking for someone who knows there stuff really well and will be able to provide feedback. What they like what they don't like. What can be changed for the better and so on
And please hit me with all the advice you can.

I've had riding jackets with straps (belt line) that were made from velcro or adjustable by press buttons. It's nice to have the ability to adjust it but velcro wore apart easy and was useless after a month of usage. The press buttons didn't have much enough adjustability but lasted longer. I'm a skinner guy and I've done down with jackets that don't have belt line straps and my lower back god scrapped up badly but the I was fine everywhere else because of gear.

I'm hoping a vendor can make jackets with belt line straps that actually last and have enough adjustability so you don't crash and get road rash on your lower back.

I've had riding jackets with straps (belt line) that were made from velcro or adjustable by press buttons. It's nice to have the ability to adjust it but velcro wore apart easy and was useless after a month of usage. The press buttons didn't have much enough adjustability but lasted longer. I'm a skinner guy and I've done down with jackets that don't have belt line straps and my lower back god scrapped up badly but the I was fine everywhere else because of gear. 
I'm hoping a vendor can make jackets with belt line straps that actually last and have enough adjustability so you don't crash and get road rash on your lower back.
Awesome lower the bottom so it protects the lower back. I'll do that and the adjustment part I'm looking into a few different ways to do it. So yeah. I've got some good ideas and look into some of the other stuff to help in that area

Archived