The MT-07 Forum

Whaaaatcha Got??: Key Tags/Rings/Chains!

thenakedONES

I have my scorpio alarm fob and a silver vial with my dad's ashes. Cant leave my dad in the ignition.  ;)
Wowww! How very special that is! :) 

I'm not going to lie but this is totally me saying i use a Suburu Lanyard for my Fz07...
Haha! Awesome!  
I can still remember the days when I had my 2014 STI hatchback! The camaraderie between Subi owners was about the same as the camaraderie between bikers... Always waving at each other on the road!

2ab935fb0ec0acfe5646d93268aee6b9.jpg 

Awesome!! "The Mechanic" right? Does he flop around everywhere while riding or is it pretty planted?  
I was seriously thinking about goin the LEGO route as well! Was probably gonna go with my child hood hero, good ol' Darth Vader! :D

The paracord motorcycle guy is awesome! Where did you get that? 
EDIT: found some on ebay out of the UK

From this guy on instagram. Hes out of the Uk, i ordered 6 of them cheap and got here in less than a week. You can customize to whatever color you like or helmet 
Screenshot_2017_01_06_07_30_38.png

upload image

Man those are sweet! Very unique indeed!

Lol!! A few months ago I nearly tore the house apart looking for the key to my bike. Finally, I got pissed enough that I had to just sit down and cool off. The next morning I found it in the same place you did. Doh!!
Haha! Yup I was purdy pissed too! Especially knowing that the bike could have easily been stolen while I was in the cafe!

• Global Moderator
I use a colorful key chain from Bellissimoto. 

064.jpg

And it's non-marking too!

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

Its non marking... but the 4 ive been given by sean(?) Is a bit overboard ;)
I dont remember your shipping guy's name sorry

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

2ab935fb0ec0acfe5646d93268aee6b9.jpg 

Awesome!! "The Mechanic" right? Does he flop around everywhere while riding or is it pretty planted?  
I was seriously thinking about goin the LEGO route as well! Was probably gonna go with my child hood hero, good ol' Darth Vader! :D
Yup, I'm pretty sure he's "the mechanic" He doesn't fly around too bad. I did loose his wrench though, probably from being in and out of my pocket so much. Guess I didn't use enough or the best glue when I put him together

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah , his name is Ryan...and I think he wants you to buy more bikes :) 
- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

I wish...  

I swapped my buddy's diavel out for my fz today and we're gonna take a ride up to payson tomorrow... hes worried i may not return it, im worried hes gonna give me cash instead of keys tomorrw....

Im gonna go down to go-az motorcycles and test ride a few next week after class to see what i like and what i want to get as a secondary

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

@sorkyah , his name is Ryan...and I think he wants you to buy more bikes :) 
- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

I wish...  

I swapped my buddy's diavel out for my fz today and we're gonna take a ride up to payson tomorrow... hes worried i may not return it, im worried hes gonna give me cash instead of keys tomorrw....

Im gonna go down to go-az motorcycles and test ride a few next week after class to see what i like and what i want to get as a secondary
Whatever you do, DON'T buy a Diavel!!!   Not until you see ours first!  Randy brought in a brand new one, per se, and got it for a great price, which he is passing on to whoever buys it.  The seller was from overseas, and had problems with his United States work Visa and had to leave the country in very short order.  The bike is like brand new and only has like 800 miles on it.  Right off the bat, you'd save THOUSANDS over a new one, and since it's technically "pre-owned", there is no sales tax, at least in Nevada.  Anyway, it's definitely worth a look if your interested... 
:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Okay, here is an update to my previous post here, i.e. using nothing on my Yami key.  This is to make it into a "switch" that I can flip from the right side without being able to see it.  This is because I'm adding a Garmin 5" GPS above my dash and under my modified-mount Puig.  That's right, the key is not meant to be removed in this application.

4987Sm.jpg

4985Sm.jpg

Okay, here is an update to my previous post here, i.e. using nothing on my Yami key.  This is to make it into a "switch" that I can flip from the right side without being able to see it.  This is because I'm adding a Garmin 5" GPS above my dash and under my modified-mount Puig.  That's right, the key is not meant to be removed in this application. 

4987Sm.jpg

4985Sm.jpg

Wow!!! Now that's a very unique set up... Your not too worried about someone comin up, flipping the switch, and riding off with your beloved bike? D:

• Premium Member

thenakedONES, no I'm not concerned. I'm nearly always where the bike is when it's away from home and there are very few places or instances where it is left, and then but very briefly. It's not used for transportation, really. I get on it, ride, (perhaps stop for coffee with it parked in view) and come home putting it back in the shop.

But, in any event, I don't think it would be in most people's experience as to how it works. People don't deal well with the unfamiliar, especially when they have to do so by touch alone. And, it doesn't feel "right," not like a key, for example. Is there some risk, sure; but, not enough to bother me. If there were, I suppose I could get a wheel lock.

On the other hand, I WAS once sitting drinking coffee and watched a woman back into it... and, she didn't even "feel" that; instead she tired to drive away... "tried" being the operative term.

(p.s. The GPS arrived today... bad weather in the northeast where it shipped from, according to FedEx, delayed things a tad.  So, it just missed our window of unseasonably warm work weather, bringing installation to a halt until a predicted return to nicer weather next week... I hope.  I'll post pix when done.  It doesn't look like too big a deal to probably fab an aluminum bracket and attach it to the two screws that hold the factory display/dash mounting bracket to the bike.)

boba.jpg Brownie points if you know who owns this key :D

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen

I hate to be that guy that copies the cool stuff, but I had to on this one. index.php?action=dlattach;topic=537.0;attach=64443;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=537.0;attach=64445;image

Those little LEGO headed guys are awesome! Just may have to get me one! Wish they had an all black one w/ a Darth Vader head...

boba.jpg Brownie points if you know who owns this key :D

Now I'm not sure about who "owns it" per se but thats an awesome Madalorian leather key tag! :)

I hate to be that guy that copies the cool stuff, but I had to on this one. 

Those little LEGO headed guys are awesome! Just may have to get me one! Wish they had an all black one w/ a Darth Vader head...
Couldn't hurt to ask. I'm sure if you just paid a little extra they could order a Vader LEGO and make it such.

Couldn't hurt to ask. I'm sure if you just paid a little extra they could order a Vader LEGO and make it such.
Good idea... I may do that!

Archived