The MT-07 Forum

Whaaaatcha Got??: Key Tags/Rings/Chains!

thenakedONES

thenakedONES
Full_Size_Render_2.jpg

Sooooo the other day, I took a nice relaxing ride down to a cafe to pick myself up some liquid energy... After ordering my beverage, drinking it, and returning to my bike, I found myself not being able to find my key anywhere! I looked in every pocket I had, in my gloves, in my helmet, in my wallet, and yesssss... even in the ignition of the bike itself... It was nowhere!! And then finally... after almost losing my coolness in such frustration at myself for losing the damn key... I looked down at the key slot which opens my "trunk" underneath the back seat and there it was... I was so damn relieved!

So... This brings me to the topic at hand, as I am now currently in the market for something that makes my key stand out so that this mishap may hopefully never happen again!

So whether it be a keychain of some sort, a fabric tag, a leather tag, a rubber tag, or even a rabbits foot! Let me know what you guys are using on your keys... I want something that won't flap around much while riding but will still be visible when dismounting the bike so that I may never lose the key again! Thanks!  :)

I like my PULL TO EJECT fabric tag. Just don't hang it on your belt loop. Somebody will probably yank it off, thinking you've got parachute pants.

67c9eba634ac57da50a2389ef0199070.jpg

I use a fabric PULL TO EJECT tag that I purchased at the local airport pilots shop. All my other keys are on a separate keychain so they don't scratch the ignition bezel. I can even find it in my pocket with my gloves on.

thenakedONES

Thank you all for your input!
I actually do really like the fabric tag style as it stands out like a flag waving in the sky in response to my "losing the key" story... My biggest concern would be the tag flying all over the place while I'm at high speeds... Is that much of an issue with the key hole location being up front and center on our bikes?
I was actually kinda considering getting this tag below as I find BXD's (who is a local motovlogger) pretty entertaining and I like the green & black colors! CHEAAAA!! :D

IMG_0002.jpg

free image hosting

• Premium Member

From eBay, got the Yamaha red one: 
(My Bro's bike, hehe)

IMG_4470.jpg

+1.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I have my scorpio alarm fob and a silver vial with my dad's ashes. Cant leave my dad in the ignition.  ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
The paracord motorcycle guy is awesome! Where did you get that? 
EDIT: found some on ebay out of the UK

20170105_212114.jpg
From this guy on instagram. Hes out of the Uk, i ordered 6 of them cheap and got here in less than a week. You can customize to whatever color you like or helmet

Screenshot_2017_01_06_07_30_38.png

upload image

20170105_212114.jpg
link?

• Premium Member

link?
I just private messaged him via instagram. You can try ebay if you want to talk to him about colors and what not

link?
I just private messaged him via instagram. You can try ebay if you want to talk to him about colors and what not
just ordered a black one from ebay.

Lol!! A few months ago I nearly tore the house apart looking for the key to my bike. Finally, I got pissed enough that I had to just sit down and cool off. The next morning I found it in the same place you did. Doh!!

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Archived