The MT-07 Forum

Bar End Mirrors

bharberts

Does anyone know of any good quality bar end mirrors. Not really interested in any of the cheap 20 dollar ones of ebay, curious of what everyone thinks.

CRG makes some really nice mirrors, you'll also want Rhino Bar ends to install them. Not cheap but I love mine and have no regrets.

Xeon

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

CRG or Rizoma, I have the latter ones.

One shot with all I have mounted, but check the Reverse Retro from Rizoma and the Bar end adapters.

IMG_5814.jpg

Safe riding!

I've heard CRG is great. I dunno if there are any mirrors in a mid-range price point. Seems like you're spending $20 or $200 for mirrors.

• Premium Member

CRG Arrow's here, using pipe couplers as spacers, attached to the stock bar ends.No need for adapters or other ends.
Get both at the same time, or close. That way they sun fade (black turns brown) at the same rate. :)

- Andy

The CRG's really are great. Everyone here at the shop uses them. If and when you're ready, PM me for the best price possible ;) 
- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

Hey Paul - I'm new to the forums so not sure that I am able to send PMs to non-staff members but would be happy to give you my business.  Are you able to PM me? 
Thanks!
EL

I thought my first set of aftermarket mirrors looked good but it didn't take long before I realized getting mirrors for their looks alone is a mistake. Believe me, you want quality, convex mirrors that allow you to see more of what's behind and beside you than what standard mirrors allow. I replaced my good looking mirrors with some good looking mirrors that keep me safer, I got the CRG LS's. Now I don't have to twist my body 40 degrees or more to get a solid check behind me and I'm not wrenching my neck like I used to either. I also don't miss that extra $100 bucks or so that I spent on them.

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'll join the chorus. I have the CRG Hind Sight LS mirrors and really like them. There is a slight trade off with bar ends though, because they are further away from you eye balls, they HAVE to be convex to cover a larger field of view, and consequently, things are a little smaller than they would appear in a closer flat mirror. Still... I prefer them by a large margin over OEM, and they look great.

Why can't left turners see us?

The CRG's really are great. Everyone here at the shop uses them. If and when you're ready, PM me for the best price possible ;) 
- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

Hey Paul - I'm new to the forums so not sure that I am able to send PMs to non-staff members but would be happy to give you my business.  Are you able to PM me? 
Thanks!
EL
EL, 
I'll PM you when I get to the shop tomorrow morning :)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

• Premium Member
CRG or Rizoma, I have the latter ones. 
One shot with all I have mounted, but check the Reverse Retro from Rizoma and the Bar end adapters.

IMG_5814.jpg

I have these Rizoma also. Superb quality and money well spent. Highly recommend anything Rizoma. 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I'll join the chorus. I have the CRG Hind Sight LS mirrors and really like them. There is a slight trade off with bar ends though, because they are further away from you eye balls, they HAVE to be convex to cover a larger field of view, and consequently, things are a little smaller than they would appear in a closer flat mirror. Still... I prefer them by a large margin over OEM, and they look great.
rowdy - Not knocking you, I get the strong impression you're speaking for others that think bar end mirrors are too far out but the way I see it, bar ends are not a trade off because turning your head past the point of where they're mounted is something you do/have to do anyway when you ride a motorcycle. No one complains that they had to turn their head to the left or right while going through an intersection to make sure no one was coming through on a red or to look at buildings or people to their side. I think people that think that stopped short of thinking about how often they turn their heads for numerous reasons and never get in an accident. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
rowdy - Not knocking you, I get the strong impression you're speaking for others that think bar end mirrors are too far out but the way I see it, bar ends are not a trade off because turning your head past the point of where they're mounted is something you do/have to do anyway when you ride a motorcycle. No one complains that they had to turn their head to the left or right while going through an intersection to make sure no one was coming through on a red or to look at buildings or people to their side. I think people that think that stopped short of thinking about how often they turn their heads for numerous reasons and never get in an accident.
I wasn't speaking for anyone else and I always do a head check, but it's basic physics that your field of view is smaller with a flat mirror than a convex mirror. Convex bar ends compensate for the fact that they are smaller and further away and create a larger field of view making things in the view smaller than they would be in a flat mirror.   That's what I consider a trade-off.  If you don't consider it a trade off, that's fine. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

I wasn't speaking for anyone else and I always do a head check, but it's basic physics that your field of view is smaller with a flat mirror than a convex mirror. Convex bar ends compensate for the fact that they are smaller and further away and create a larger field of view making things in the view smaller than they would be in a flat mirror.   That's what I consider a trade-off.  If you don't consider it a trade off, that's fine. :)
I think we're on the same page, I agree with everything you said. I somehow got the impression you were implying they were a 'bad trade off' because you said they were further away from your eye balls, which some people would consider a bad trade-off. It's all good. 

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...
hugson2wheels

Round CRG Lane splitters as well.... Also, I mounted them downwards for a low profile look. I used some delrin washers as a spacer in order to keep the stock bar ends.

The field of view is awesome and they are crystal clear with no weird morphing spots. I can even see behind me. Best of all... zero vibration when using my mirrors.

If god created us in his image, does that mean god is an egomaniac as well?

Archived