The MT-07 Forum

Second Track Day - Shenandoah Circuit - Summit Pt.

Guest unknown

Guest unknown

Just finished up my second track day at Summit Point on Sunday. I have to say, this is an expensive hobby, but it is worth every penny. The saying that a bad day on the track is better than a good day at work absolutely holds true. The holiday wekeend was filled with new riders who had no business being on the track. The morning sessions require the beginners to 2 laps of caution during each session before passing instructors. We never got out of warning laps. We were red flagged all morning (Red flagged means a rider went down and the track needs to be cleared before riding can resume) As I was waiting to go out for the first session at pit out, someone had already wrecked. It was a nightmare to say the least.

The afternoon was a different story for the most part. I rode better and smoother than I ever had before. It was worth suffering through the pain of the morning riders to get to the afternoon session. Unfortunately the fun ended at about 3 when the rain set it for the day. I'll post some photos up once they go live on the vendors website but I did grab some GoPro footy.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCzZLO40lpA]

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUtrzsbmD8A]

Keep an eye out in the second video at 10:30 for the guy on the right that had wrecked. Somehow he went off course through a straight...

Guest unknown
If you keep riding like you are you will probably get bumped to intermediate soon. Usually there is less drama there.
I actually went out with an instructor right after lunch and tried to get bumped up because I didn't want to deal with the drama all afternoon. I wasn't quite ready according to him. I wasn't too bothered though since the afternoon session was so much smoother. I'd have been real pissed if the afternoon session mirrored the morning session. My buddy on his 690 Duke got bumped up to Intermediate after lunch. That bike is so goddamn fast :D 
TBH, I'm not too worried about getting bumped. I just want to improve my skill set and not hold anyone up.

Archived