The MT-07 Forum

MIVV GP Steel Black

philthyphil

I'm ready to pull the trigger on an exhaust system for my FZ 07. I'm leaning towards the MIVV GP Steel Black Stage 1 Kit from Dobeck Performance. This includes the EJK. I'm curious if any of you here have this particular exhaust system on your FZ 07. If so, please chime in and let me know how the experience has been. I know this exhaust is quite a bit less in cost than many of the others, such as the Akrapovic, but to be honest I really dig the way that the MIVV GP looks on the black FZ 07. I actually like the looks of it more so than the Akrapovic. I like the higher mount, and the way that the tip kinda curves down to an almost 90 degree angle with the ground. To me it has a kind of in your face look. Judging by the clips that I've heard online it seems to have a pretty beastly sound as well. 

Is this an ok system to go with quality and performance wise? I'm hoping that someone who knows more about exhaust systems than I do can give me some info on the potential gains to be had with this exhaust and EJK. Will there be a noticeable gain in HP and/or torque, or is it mostly just for the looks and sound? Sorry for the total noob questions, but what more could you expect from a noob such as myself :)  

As an aside, I kinda like the MIVV High Mount Speed Edge Steel as well. If anyone has experience with that exhaust let me know...

Someone around here has it, MIVV are more popular in Europe than here, I quite like the design and the quality is good.
Honestly, go for the sound and looks, it is personal preference I believe. All exhausts will save you weight and gain sound. With EJK they will not run as lean as in Stock, therefore expect better performance in general and more fuel consumption.

I have the SC Project conic personally - liked the looks and sound, plus got a good deal. :)

Enjoy it!!

Safe riding!

Someone around here has it, MIVV are more popular in Europe than here, I quite like the design and the quality is good. Honestly, go for the sound and looks, it is personal preference I believe. All exhausts will save you weight and gain sound. With EJK they will not run as lean as in Stock, therefore expect better performance in general and more fuel consumption.

I have the SC Project conic personally - liked the looks and sound, plus got a good deal. :)

Enjoy it!!

Thanks for the info! What is you opinion on changing out the stock exhaust during the break in period? I have about 500 miles on the bike now. Even if I order the exhaust tomorrow I'll probably be past the 600 mile mark, and have done my first oil change by the time the parts get to me. Should I wait until after the 1000 mile full break in period before I switch out the exhaust?

Someone around here has it, MIVV are more popular in Europe than here, I quite like the design and the quality is good. Honestly, go for the sound and looks, it is personal preference I believe. All exhausts will save you weight and gain sound. With EJK they will not run as lean as in Stock, therefore expect better performance in general and more fuel consumption.

Enjoy it!!

Thanks for the info! What is you opinion on changing out the stock exhaust during the break in period? I have about 500 miles on the bike now. Even if I order the exhaust tomorrow I'll probably be past the 600 mile mark, and have done my first oil change by the time the parts get to me. Should I wait until after the 1000 mile full break in period before I switch out the exhaust?
I believe you'll be OK in any case, it is a matter of how you break it in (varying rpms without going into higher rpms), not on what exhaust you have on.  

I changed mine at 500 miles approx. ✌️️

Safe riding!

Is Dobeck Performance a good place, as far as competitive pricing, to buy the exhaust system for the FZ 07, or do any of you guys here have the low down on some place with better prices? As far as I can find, Dobeck's prices on their stage 1 kits are pretty competitive.  

They are a vendor here. You should email them and see what they can do for you. They have always helped out this forum.

Archived