The MT-07 Forum

Riding pants

nmucat

Klim is made here in Idaho and you can't get any better quality. Their QC process is crazy. People here that don't even ride are buying Klim instead of The North Face for winter fashion.

I have a bomb Klim jacket that I love and have put thru hell on the trails.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are Klim jeans more in the fitted style? I got myself a pair of Scorpion Covert Pro and they're great but it seemed to be a little too baggy.

pantheraleo

I've been using the Dianese Drake Super Air Tex pants for hot days and I've been very impressed. The fit is very nice and the knee/shin armor stays put like no other pants I own.

I wear them with Dianese Hard Shorts, since they lack hip protection. They fit nicely together.

I got the white ones from RevZilla. It amazes me how many manufacturers only offer summer mesh pants in black...

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

bmwpowere36m3
are Klim jeans more in the fitted style? I got myself a pair of Scorpion Covert Pro and they're great but it seemed to be a little too baggy.
I picked up a pair of the regular Scorpion coverts (size 34) and I'm really digging them. Compared to my Dainese kevlar pants (34 as well) they are more "baggy".  The Dainese pants are like more "fitted" jeans and the coverts regular "boot-cut" ones.  What I like about the coverts it when I add knee and hip armor, they'll fit comfortably.  Whereas the Dainese have no "extra" room. That said, I don't think the coverts are really baggy... but then again I have larger thighs/quads, so I could never fit into "skinny" jeans.

• Premium Member

I think I'm leaning towards over-pants, have not made up my mind yet, but I commute to work in business casual attire.
I'm a fan of over pants. I own both: 
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-ht-overpantshttp://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-ht-air-overpant

Same pants just the first is full textile for winter/late fall/early spring. The air are mesh and are for spring/summer/fall. Both have removable waterproof liners. Only thing they don't have is any kind of hip padding but other than that perfect for what I need.

I own the same over pants and have been pretty pleased with them. They work great on hot days with the rain liner out and you can layer up on cold days with the liner in to block the wind. They do run long too wich works for me. Every other pair I tried I would have had to order them in long but, these fit perfect.

Maybe these would interest you, they do me a little, I like riding with jeans myself. You wear them under your jeans and they have armor as well: http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=(S)%2001%20Search%20-%20General&utm_term=riding%20jeans%20motorcycle
Still, maybe too hot in the summer. I think I still want some good mesh pants w/armor (not baggy) that I can wear my swim trunks under and just take the pants off when I hit the beach. No men's changing room necessary.

Beemer

I would like to get a pair of the draggin jeans some day. I'm guilty of riding in either jeans or khakis pretty often though. I should change that.
Don't feel too guilty. I wear jeans all the time and compared to the people I've seen riding around Anna Maria Island trying to look cool in their deck shoes, shorts, no t-shirt, no gloves or helmet, I'd say we look like a couple of genius's in comparison. Keep that in mind. 

Beemer

I picked up a pair of Rev'it airwave mesh pants. I use them as overpants on top of jeans for my commute on over shorts on a hot day. So far I really like them. I also have a pair of scorpion covert jeans. They are pretty nice, though the fit is a little off for my tall skinny body.

I picked up a pair of the regular Scorpion coverts (size 34) and I'm really digging them. Compared to my Dainese kevlar pants (34 as well) they are more "baggy".  The Dainese pants are like more "fitted" jeans and the coverts regular "boot-cut" ones.  What I like about the coverts it when I add knee and hip armor, they'll fit comfortably.  Whereas the Dainese have no "extra" room. That said, I don't think the coverts are really baggy... but then again I have larger thighs/quads, so I could never fit into "skinny" jeans.

yeah i have the hip pads for my covert pro as well. I have larger thighs/quads as well but the overall look of the boot cut seems a little baggy to my taste so maybe i'll try a pair of dainese see what that would do

Archived