The MT-07 Forum

New to FZ07 in Indianapolis

circa58

I am ready to pull the trigger very soon on a 2016 FZ07 

My credit app was approved and I just need to hammer numbers out with a dealer.

I have not rode since @ 1988 so its been along time, been a long time (led zepplin) since being in the saddle.

My son (19 y.o.)  just bought an 08 Kawasaki ZX6R and asked me to ride with him, so I figured we could get some good father son bonding time while riding together, I will be 59 y.o. in August.

I rode a Honda 650 back in the day, so its been a while and I hope the FZ07 will be a good bike for getting back into the swin of things after so long a time off.

I guess it's a nice choice to come back riding - best bang for the buck! Whatever you need, this is your family! Welcome!

Safe riding!

Thanks everyone, I was on the fence between a FJ09 or FZ07, I figure I can move up in a year or two if necessary.

WE have always done car stuff together, Hot Rod Power Tour, drag racing, Corvette gatherings etc, so I guess now its time to move on to his kinda fun, but I know I will enjoy it as well .

About me, I'm a machinist by trade, I can make almost anything in terms of machining and fab, but in 1988 I started my own Sales Rep business selling Turnkey Automation, married for 31 years but had our son after @ 13 years of marriage,,, i have 12000+ posts on Corvetteforum.com LD85

Could be a new owner very soon, excited about riding again.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I purchased my 2015 FZ-07 about 2 years ago on my 57th birthday. It had been almost 30 years without a motorcycle. I rode throughout my twenties, but stopped riding after I got married. We have several other members that are reentry riders. This is a fun bike to ride, OEM parts are not expensive and it is easy to work on. 

I'm about an hour and half south of ya. I bet you're familiar with the corvette museum motorsports park! I did a track day there last year and plan to do 2 or 3 there this year !

The FZ is a great bike to return with. It is light to handle and great fun. I have come to it 8 years after returning with a break of 50 years. My son rides my Kymco Venox when he is in the UK and that's fun too.

Just do it! 

I'm about an hour and half south of ya. I bet you're familiar with the corvette museum motorsports park! I did a track day there last year and plan to do 2 or 3 there this year !
Yes, we were there on the track on the opening day of th anniversary, a great time, got the 05 up to 118 mph, awesome fun, I have a video somewhere

Archived