The MT-07 Forum

New member/rider from New York

twoxo7

Heya. I'm John. I've been riding for about 3 months now ?. The FZ07 is my first motorcycle. I have wanted one since I was about five years old and finally decided to get one. Very happy I choose this as my first bike.
f0189bb7844fa87bf725f048b126d585.jpg

Thanks. Yes I'm in the city. Got the bike in storage right now but we should definitely go for a ride once the weather starts warming up.

Yay, welcome and please count me in, still riding!

There is the section for Northeast in the forum, feel free to post proposals of riding days!

Safe riding!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Did you take the MSF Basic Rider Course, since you are a new rider? If not, you should sign up for it in the Spring. Take it easy while you get familiar with your bike, ride within your limits and be careful. Enjoy your new ride!

Thanks guys. Yes I took the course before I purchased the bike. I intend to take the advanced course and maybe some private lessons as well to increase my control and confidence. Riding in NYC is scary.

Yeah... NYC is another world, and there is no motorcycle culture around... btw, today was a nice day to ride around, did you do anything? I explored north Long Island, discovered some roads with a lil' bit of twisties.

Safe riding!

No, unfortunately I already put the bike away for the season and it's not an easy task to take it out. So I don't want to until I can leave it out once I do. I'm dying to go for a ride though.

No, unfortunately I already put the bike away for the season and it's not an easy task to take it out. So I don't want to until I can leave it out once I do. I'm dying to go for a ride though.

I can feel you, Bro. Proper gear and accessories will help to fight against winter!

Safe riding!

Thanks. It was either this or the armor grey. I'm happy that I went with this one.

Lol, Armor Grey here! If you spot 1 around midtown, it may be me.

Safe riding!

Thanks. It was either this or the armor grey. I'm happy that I went with this one.
mine is the same color and exhaust but with a matte givi screen

Thanks guys. Yes I took the course before I purchased the bike. I intend to take the advanced course and maybe some private lessons as well to increase my control and confidence. Riding in NYC is scary.
Stay alert bro.  Taxis, potholes and pedestrians are your enemy.  I used to commute from Brooklyn to Manhattan everyday (living in Jersey now, still commuting on the FZ when the weather is right).  The BQE is the worst.  There's one bump in the right lane on the East bound BQE before the Brooklyn Bridge that will launch you off the seat if you're speeding.  Speaking of speeding... 
One word of advice, don't speed.  

Speeding in the city is asking for trouble.  Things will come at you quickly and if you're speeding, you will not have enough time to react.

Ride safe.

Stay alert bro.  Taxis, potholes and pedestrians are your enemy.  I used to commute from Brooklyn to Manhattan everyday (living in Jersey now, still commuting on the FZ when the weather is right).  The BQE is the worst.  There's one bump in the right lane on the East bound BQE before the Brooklyn Bridge that will launch you off the seat of you're speeding.  Speaking of speeding... 

Speeding in the city is asking for trouble.  Things will come at you quickly and if you're speeding, you will not have enough time to react.

Ride safe.

All you said is right, I commute daily (still) from Queens to Manhattan via Queensboro Bridge, it is ok if you are alert every minute you are on the bike...

NY is just another ecosystem for us riders... hope to meet you guys soon! (Or maybe in a couple of months, lol)

Safe riding!

Stay alert bro.  Taxis, potholes and pedestrians are your enemy.  I used to commute from Brooklyn to Manhattan everyday (living in Jersey now, still commuting on the FZ when the weather is right).  The BQE is the worst.  There's one bump in the right lane on the East bound BQE before the Brooklyn Bridge that will launch you off the seat of you're speeding.  Speaking of speeding... 

Ride safe.
All you said is right, I commute daily (still) from Queens to Manhattanvia Queensboro Bridge, it is ok if you are alert every minute you are on the bike...

NY is just another ecosystem for us riders... hope to meet you guys soon! (Or maybe in a couple of months, lol)

Thanks for the advice. I know from driving that the roads here are brutal. And the drivers even worse. I get cut off a lot driving a 30 ton truck so I'm sure that they will just try to bully me on a bike. I'll just take it easy riding and work on improving my skills ( emergency braking, swerving, etc. ).

All you said is right, I commute daily (still) from Queens to Manhattan via Queensboro Bridge, it is ok if you are alert every minute you are on the bike...

how do  you keep your fingers warm in this weather?

Hanadguards to stop the wind hitting directly, heated grips to help mantain the temperature and nice outer gloves for winter & innergloves.

Still, it is the only body part that still gets cold... but maneagable. :)

Safe riding!

• Global Moderator

Welcome dude... grratz on the Fizzy as your first

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived