The MT-07 Forum

Dan-Moto Exhaust

philthyphil

Has anyone heard of Dan-Moto Exhaust? I think they're made in China. They have several different options for the FZ-07. I've seen a few people on YouTube who have their XG-1 system which basically looks like straight pipes to me. They have a sizable selection of full systems that have actual mufflers too. Any opinions on these? They're very inexpensive comparatively. I imagine you get what you pay for. Just wondering if anyone here has any direct experience with this brand?

Dan-Moto

I've heard one in person and it is basically straight piped and doesn't sound that great. It is way too loud. I would pay a bit more and just get a better sounding, better looking, and better performing exhaust.

Awesome, thanks for diggin all this stuff up for me beemer. I appreciate it! Looks like the reviews are kinda mixed, but there is potential for such a low price...

You're welcome. All I did was search "Danmoto exhaust reviews" and all that popped up, No sweat!
Yep, I liked this part of the last link more than anything else: "For those of us who accept the occasional crash as a part of the game, the DanMoto is a very attractive alternative. It’s sturdy, offers great performance and can be had for about the same price as a 190-series race tire."

Beemer

I have no idea about them on our bikes, but I used to be a harley guy and I know their dyna exhausts were absolute crap, basically a 2 into 1 straight pipe that preformed worse than stock exhausts on the dyno.

I have no idea about them on our bikes, but I used to be a harley guy and I know their dyna exhausts were absolute crap, basically a 2 into 1 straight pipe that preformed worse than stock exhausts on the dyno.
Thanks for the heads up. I think i'll save up and get something with a better reputation. 

Thanks for the heads up. I think i'll save up and get something with a better reputation. 
Blackwidow full exhaust systems are comparably priced and seem to be okay. I have one sitting in my kitchen currently - my garage isn't heated so i've been to lazy to go out and install it in the cold lol. 

Blackwidow full exhaust systems are comparably priced and seem to be okay. I have one sitting in my kitchen currently - my garage isn't heated so i've been to lazy to go out and install it in the cold lol. 
I had never heard of Black Widow Exhaust, but I just looked them up on youtube. They sound and look pretty sweet on the FZ07. I tried looking for them on the web but the only site I could find was based in the UK. Are they available for purchase or shipped to the US?

I had never heard of Black Widow Exhaust, but I just looked them up on youtube. They sound and look pretty sweet on the FZ07. I tried looking for them on the web but the only site I could find was based in the UK. Are they available for purchase or shipped to the US?
It sounds nice, very similar to my Akra c.f. pipe but I wonder if you're aware of the controversy over straight pipe vs loop in pipe. It may or may not make a difference to you.  

Beemer

They sell on Ebay, it converts $GBP to $US at checkout and free shipping! mine arrived in 5 days, i was pretty shocked how quick it got here. total price was like around $350 USD

I am living in the Netherlands and drove about 4000km with the Black Widow exhaust. The pipes are coloured less nice than a more expensive exhaust but hey voor €350 I havea better looking, better sounding en lighter exhaust.

Archived