The MT-07 Forum

What should I do with my stock exhaust?

randalf

I'm about to remove this ugly tumor from the belly of my soon-to-be healthier-looking bike and I have no idea what I should do with the remains. I do not have room in my current residence to just leave it sit and I reeeeally don't have the patience to wait for it to sell on ebay or craigslist. Besides just throwing it away, are there any other logical opinions out there regarding what I should do with a perfectly good stock exhaust system?

AlbatrossCafe

IMHO it is not worth selling on eBay. You will wait a long time and then shipping will be a bitch. It is rare that someone wants them. I gave mine away to someone for $40 because he wanted to make something custom for his project "Turbo FZ-07" but that was after 6 months of tripping over it.

Really there is not much you can do with it except give it away or hide it in the closet, unless you want to turn it into a "straight pipe" system for sh*ts and giggles. If you really have to trash it, at least give it to metal recycling so it doesn't sit in a landfill. Maybe a junkyard might want it. Even if you give away for free, at least it won't go to waste.

• Premium Member

What @albatrosscafe said ^^^

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

First, offer it up for free here on the forum. (For a little while at least) I recently got snoopy's stock exhaust because I messed mine up in a slide. Next would be a metal recycler if no one takes before you get tired of having it around.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

I sold a car exhaust to the local recycler. They gave me a couple of bucks a pound but at least I got rid of it.

IMO keep it, the more stock items you have if you ever sell it the better, you get more selling the after market then the stock. Put the stock back on sell the after market. It has also been my experience the more parts boxes you have the better,

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

That's good feedback. Thank you all. I'm going to hold onto it, like you all suggested. After removing it, I suppose its not quite as cumbersome as I was expecting and I will keep a close eye on the forums, here, to see if anyone needs one for some...weird...reason...?

Archived