The MT-07 Forum

New Fz07

alexderbi

Hey all from Greece, i am gonna buy a brand new fz07.. I have read all the threat of what you have done to your fz today and i would like some help from you.
*First of all about the windscreen, which one do you propose for freeway use and some trips?? I think the puig touring.
* With a gel seat is passenger going to be comfy or not?
* And for some other extras.. I want to buy a radial protector, engine protectors, flash lights, phone-gps mount, usb plug, fender eliminator, tail brake.. Which one do you propose?? Thanks a lot,Alex

• Premium Member

If you are going to have a passenger a fair amount of time might want to look into something bigger FJ-09 or something like that. The small wind screens don't do that much IMO for wind protection but you will get comfortable with the wind. Its a naked bike the wind is part of its charter.

the last question has too many options to list But Ram for a phone mount/gps

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

AlbatrossCafe

If you leave your bike in the sun with a gel seat, when you come to sit on it, it will be VERY hot. I don't like gel seats for that reason.

Just get everything on your list. If you don't know, you will eventually, so just do it at the beginning.

Thanks for your replies.. Before i make the deal i would like to know if it is possible to make some trips with a passenger max 200miles

It's possible, whether or not your passenger will be comfortable is another story. My GF has a broken tail bone and when she would be my passenger, she could only last about an hour at a time, max.

For a naked bike, the passenger can be comfy for 2 hours relatively - I am going to add gel, foam and substitute the seat cover for more grip though. :)
For the rest, it depends on what is available around you! The Puig Touring windscreen is a good choice - the bigger, the more aerodynamic protection, but uglier IMO

Safe riding!

• Premium Member

I think you should have you and your prospective passenger sit on the bike. With no back support and a forward lean, it can't be that comfortable for long - but comfort is a subjective thing. My wife didn't mind it as long as it wasn't in stop and go traffic, and no longer than an hour. But now that we have two bikes, she never wants to ride pillion.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

I agree in that the 07 really isn't a good bike for serious, frequent, and/or 2-up riding, imho. But, apart from that, I suggest you do a search here for each of the mods in which you are interested. There are many threads and frequently quite a discussion of options, pros/cons, etc. from those who have actually done them. And, if you get the 07, I hope you like it; you WILL when on your own!!! All the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for your answers and i'm sorry the the delay response...I would like to ask which one do you think is better for a trip... Puig touring, Ermax touring or mra double bubble???

2 up for long period at a times is pushing your passenger's enjoyment of motorcycle riding. 2 up should be reserved to short trips, but it is very much doable, and the FZ07 will handle the extra weight without a glitch.

4636192-129Slayer_zpsripvnlj0.jpg

For the screen, I have had the Ermax 39cm for 2 years now, and find it perfect, against the wind (I am 172 cm), and doesn't take away from the look of the bike.

For seating options I would recommend looking at Corbin seats. They sell a seat purpose built for more comfort on longer rides for both rider and passenger and an optional backrest for the passenger seat. If you're dead set on the fz07 and two up riding I think that is your best bet. I have the seat, but not the backrest since I don't ride two up. The seat is extremely comfortable for me and a big improvement over stock.

cassecou is this your video?? i have watched it like a million times haha..i am 1.76 so i think i will not have any problems too :)
Cruizin thank you and i am happy to be here! sorry for openning this threat to the wrong session

cassecou is this your video?? i have watched it like a million times haha..
Yes it is, thank you for watching. It was at a time when the excitement of my new FZ made me want to share the experience. Now, I still LOVE that bike, but making YT videos takes time, and as you know, hobbies changes with the time.

The stock seat isn't comfy enough for a lot of people on long trips so I seriously doubt the passenger seat can be made comfy for long distance riding at all unless it has one of those wide, 80's style scooped saddle seats but that look for this bike??? Forget it. I have a 39 cm windscreen that only keeps most of the wind off my chest which give my hands relief because I don't have to grip as hard. IMO, too tall a shield is going to look goofy on a naked, hooligan type bike but to each his own. As for all the parts you listed, they are/should already be listed with opinions in this forum under Gear Reviews and Questions.

Beemer

Archived