The MT-07 Forum

Go pro mount options

mab01

My wife picked me up a new go pro session for Christmas and I'm lookin to add it mounted to use on a routine basis while commuting. What mounts are you guys using and where are you mounting it at? I'd like to stick with a tripod attachment to easily remove it so it doesn't get stolen.
Thanks

If you're wanting a 1st person perspective a chin mount is the best, IMO. From the front it is less conspicuous, looks more natural than a camera sticking out one side of your helmet and the view isn't blocked by your helmet. If you don't care about 1st person view then there are a variety of mounts to choose from that allow you to mount it in numerous places. Take your pick.

https://www.amazon.com/Full-Face-Helmet-Mount-GoPro/dp/B00TSFJACM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482851159&sr=8-1&keywords=chin+mount+for+go+pro

Here's a real cheap tripod type but I can't vouch for how well it will stay in place anywhere on a bike. The RAM mount pgelds posted would be a lot more stable but I'm curious, did you specifically want a tripod mount so that you can use it for photography/filming wherever off the bike as well?

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Flexible-standard-included-GP-TRPD/dp/B017XSJZL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482851825&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=flexible+gopro+mount&psc=1

Beemer

I use the RAM Mount system. Very versatile, and allows you to mount it wherever you'd like :) 
Check it out here

- Paulie

I ordered the ram ubolt handlebar mount.
Thanks.

• Premium Member
I use the RAM Mount system. Very versatile, and allows you to mount it wherever you'd like :) 
Check it out here

- Paulie
I ordered the ram ubolt handlebar mount.
Thanks.
Awesome!  Let us know how you like it :) 
- Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ram mounts are good but have limitations. What you capture on video is limited to just one direction (straight ahead) unless you let go of your handle bar to twist it in the direction you want. I would constantly be twisting mine to capture things to the side.  With a chin mount you capture whatever you look at.

Beemer

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd add another chin mount option. Pro shot. I run one of these and it is rock solid and mounts the go pro in a way that you only see the very top of it. Best thing is, you can see just enough of the top of the go pro you can see the red led on the back to know it's recording without needing to look in your mirrors.

Elvishpresley

I have a gopro mount on my front brake reservoir. right between the screws. works great for forward facing video.

Chin mount makes for the best videos but I don't like putting anything on my helmet. I use the Chesty harness. It gives a video game FPS feel, but that's not why I use it.

Archived