The MT-07 Forum

License Plate??

What can be done about this?? I was watching a review of our beautiful FZ07 yesterday and the reviewer mentioned that like other Yamaha's you can remove the extension and move the plate bracket and blinkers up.  I went out an looked at this and just not seeing it.  Has anyone done anything without buying an aftermarket piece?

3bb92bfd-41cf-4ff8-87e3-eb382cb58950_zpsca09d735.jpg

Someone will come out with a Tail Tidy soon. Graves and a few others make a great one for the FZ-09 that attaches by taking the seat off, removing the long crap that holds the plate and blinkers and then replacing in those holes with the tail tidy.

• Global Moderator

Those guys have a lot of add-ons on the bikes in the photos. Now there are more things I want to buy. I expect most of them will be available here before long.

olderthandirt

Just a heads up.....don't expect the short tail tidy to work in the rain. You have to have at least a short
rear fender or the rain will fly up from the rear tire and soak you're whole backside. Been there...done that.
I intend to fab up something that looks a little better than the stock one.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

• Global Moderator

olderthan, I want it to not be there and to protect me from spray. I guess that might be slightly unreasonable. Please post photos of what you dicide to do if you make something.

• Global Moderator

There are lot's out there already. The Canadian website has these so I presume you southerners will get them too. You basically leave out the middle part.

http://yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=37&categoryId=38&itemId=3825

Aftermarket? Something like this:

http://www.aviciouscycle.ca/mainpages/productpage.aspx?productid=9079

• 2 weeks later...
3y6apeda.jpgi did my own tidying today. I don't care about spray. If it rains I'm getting wet no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with your plate placement. Check your local/state laws before moving things around. Also check reference light colors for turn, stop and driving lights.

Ohio:
Registration
1. Visible from rear while vehicle in motion
2. Can be either vertical or horizontal
3. Must be illuminated by a clear white light and visible from 50ft
4. Securely fastened, no swinging
5. No covers or anything that obstructs the view. Kinda goes with 1 and 3.

Lights
1. Rear must be red for break and either red or amber for indicators.
2. Fronts can be clear or amber for indicators.
3. Headlight must be white, no colors. Aftermarket HID kits, technically no go bc they give a blue tint. Factory ones are ok however, dumb I know.
4. Headlights can modulate during daytime hours
5. Add on lights are ok as long as they face down and don't flash or change colors. NO red or blues forward facing or flashing of course.

That's about all I can think of for now.

olderthandirt

I bought a tail tidy from E-Bay for $46.00 USD. First the seller said the powder coater burned to the ground...and then he said the dealer told him the FZ-09 tail tidy was the same as the FZ-07...which it is NOT. So after dealing with this guy for three weeks....I finally just made one with parts I had lying around. It isn't something that I'd sell...but it will do until somebody makes a decent tail tidy I can buy.
Also got sick of reaching for the ignition key location so I fixed that too. img][img]
Edit..tried to post pics...didn't work. img][img]

I bought a tail tidy from E-Bay for $46.00 USD. First the seller said the powder coater burned to the ground...and then he said the dealer told him the FZ-09 tail tidy was the same as the FZ-07...which it is NOT. So after dealing with this guy for three weeks....I finally just made one with parts I had lying around. It isn't something that I'd sell...but it will do until somebody makes a decent tail tidy I can buy. Also got sick of reaching for the ignition key location so I fixed that too. img][img]img][img]img][img]
Can you please post some pictures? I am in the middle of installing the rear rack and it would be a good time to fab a tidy tail. Really looking for ideas, so any pics will help alot tanks
Meany

RRokay Raggie

olderthandirt

MeanMug..I sent you a PM with my e-mail address for the pics.

Guest MXRider
3y6apeda.jpgi did my own tidying today. I don't care about spray. If it rains I'm getting wet no matter what.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would get me a ticket in about 30 minutes here in VA.

Guest MXRider

The R&G one looks pretty good. I bet I could whip something similar together in the garage pretty easy.

img2195.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
foxtrotzulu07

Will post a "how-to" in this section in a few days (have to wait for new turn signals to get here for the final pictures) showing how to make your own tidy tail for under $6.00. It involves using stock parts gotten from removing the "hanging hemorrhoid", and a trip to Home Depot.

Also NO body work removal and NO welding is required!

scordiaboy515

I  have installed this unit on my bike and am very pleased with the clean basic design......and the price is right also.........http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2015-/351140968076?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c1a1f68c&vxp=mtr

I  have installed this unit on my bike and am very pleased with the clean basic design......and the price is right also.........http://www.ebay.com/itm/FZ-07-FZ-07-MT07-MT-07-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2015-/351140968076?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c1a1f68c&vxp=mtr
I have one of those on its way to me, but with the LED signals. I've been dealing with him for a bit now I sent him a bunch of pics of my bike all torn apart so he had a better idea of what to do, and I know he actually got a hold of someones bike to get the actual measurements right.  

So I'm patiently waiting now... 

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

• Premium Member

Am I the only on that likes the silver arm coming our the back of the bike, I think it suits it. With that said I am making something up to completely get rid of the black plastic piece and make a nice license plate holder. If I don't like it, i'll just move it up to under the fender and remove the arm all together.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

olderthandirt
Am I the only on that likes the silver arm coming our the back of the bike, I think it suits it. With that said I am making something up to completely get rid of the black plastic piece and make a nice license plate holder. If I don't like it, i'll just move it up to under the fender and remove the arm all together.
Been there...done that. Check my link to the pics in this thread.  

• Premium Member

Yeah I saw that, I thought it looked pretty good.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Archived