The MT-07 Forum

Quick Question regarding Winter

ajenda07

Hey guys, my bikes been sitting my garage for about a Month now. Its been pretty cold the past few weeks, below freezing. I tried to start it up to add fuel stabilizer and ride it around to work it into the engine, but the bike won't start. I have an automatic battery charger (battery tender) I want to hook that up to jump it. My questions are: How long should I charge the battery for before riding it, and is it possible that some fuel has froze somewhere in the bike and would starting it up with that possibility be potentially harmful for the bike. Thank you guys very much, my motorcycle knowledge is low.

Sorry that was a little confusing for me, I appreciate the response though. It is a bikemaster automatic battery charger. And the bike battery is the stock one

Sorry that was a little confusing for me, I appreciate the response though. It is a bikemaster automatic battery charger. And the bike battery is the stock one
you should be fine with that charger to leave it on all the time. it will only charge when needed.
did you read the link Iposted if not please do.it will help you if you take the time to READ not flick through.

When you say it won't start, do you mean it doesn't crank?
The fuel don't freeze so don't worry about that

Archived