The MT-07 Forum

off season madness

mossrider

To change the ergos a bit I was gonna add new clip on's with a 1 inch rise but as you can see in the pic they hit the upper tripple bolts and won't fit. Grinched!

Get the woodcraft spacers. It will give you the room you need to clear the upper triple bolt.
You have a link? I couldn't find anything other than for the plate mount clip ons.  Thanks 

Get the woodcraft spacers. It will give you the room you need to clear the upper triple bolt.
You have a link? I couldn't find anything other than for the plate mount clip ons.  Thanks 

Never mind I found them, I hadn't updated my Woodcraft bookmark for ever, lol. Old people, sheesh

To change the ergos a bit I was gonna add new clip on's with a 1 inch rise but as you can see in the pic they hit the upper tripple bolts and won't fit. Grinched!
I meant, what are you gonna do do get around the fit issues.

I meant, what are you gonna do do get around the fit issues.
Spacers. ? 

Sorry.

Which sprocket is that?
It's a Superlite (steel) 520. It weighs a tad more than aluminum 520's but holds up much better. I used, and liked, Vortex (àluminum) on my SV.  I decided to try Driven (aluminum 520) on this bike. It ate the first 2 rears quickly tho. I discovered that if you don't have extra slack due to the increased swingarm angle and set your alignment perfectly the extra torque and engine braking will eat em quickfast. Happy with the Superlite.  That's a DID ERV3 chain, love those.  
Note:
when I upgraded the shock I played with the rear suspension and discovered if you increase rear ride height you have to allow quite a bit more slack than one might think. I also made a large caliper to measure the swingarm center to axle center on both sides and match them. The adjuster tick marks are ever so slightly off. In all honesty now I don't think I would have any more trouble eating sprockets. She spins nice and quiet now☺

I can't remember why I couldn't use the spacers for the clip-ons. Either it hit the fairing or it still hit the bolt. An aftermarket upper trip with the bolts on the inside would be wonderful. R6 front-end!

Yams and Ham!

I can't remember why I couldn't use the spacers for the clip-ons. Either it hit the fairing or it still hit the bolt. An aftermarket upper trip with the bolts on the inside would be wonderful. R6 front-end!
Yeah, there isn't much room within the fairing cut-outs but if I have to trim some no biggie. Like you I ruined the shiney by throwing it down the track.  But, I built it to beat it ?. I'm getting too old to 'race tuck', sometimes 10 races per weekend. Meh. 

Well, I got the spacers on and I think I'll be able to make this work. They are a little close to the fairing at full lock each way but managable.  Beer belly likes the added room, think 'race tuck tilt'.

20161231_120107.jpg

20161231_120155.jpg

post img

The face of an incredible first season on board the new R. Our 5 hour endurance team prior to the start of the season finale @ BIR. Fast guys Jesse to my right and Luke on my left. Thanks again fellas!

Studio_20161231_193338.jpg

I had some competent help during development too. This is 11th place finisher in the 2016 Daytona 200, Kris Skellenger tearing it up on board the R.  "Like an under powered R6 that never trys to kill you." High praise!

14207869_10157339611855641_8173451904477225229_o.jpg

My base of operations for midpack lightweight world domination.

IMG_20160825_195719669_HDR.jpg

Some things have come up precluding this winters off season southern track tour....so....

I've dropped it off at the skunk works for a month or so of dyno/tuning work to see what we can get from it in Supersport form. Excited to see what the starting point was and where it ends up and to have real data to work from. It ran strong and butter smooth all season on a canned Flash Tune flash but I think we'll be adding a PC for additional tunability and messing with all the SS tricks such as head work, cam timing, squish, decking blah blah. I realize I'm limited to upper 70's without getting into GP spec which allows more significant engine mods but it'll be nice to have the dyno pulls to see if the torque curves have been optimized for peak performance. Interested also in seeing how the motor faired after a hard years racing. 

Only downside (beside damage to bank account) is when I still suck I'll be unable to blame my equipment ?

• 5 weeks later...

I miss my wubby. I had to resort to cleaning the carb on my Rukus pit bike. Then I did the snow blower. I wonder if there's a flash for and old Noma 8 horse?  Winter stinks. This was my first experience with carbs...              (approx 1970)
20160302_195808.jpg
all hail FI!

• Premium Member
I miss my wubby. I had to resort to cleaning the carb on my Rukus pit bike. Then I did the snow blower. I wonder if there's a flash for and old Noma 8 horse?  Winter stinks. This was my first experience with carbs...              (approx 1970) 20160302_195808.jpg
all hail FI!
Damn if that isnt the ultimate "charlie brown" moto-X bike. Awesome! 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Interesting side note, I was messing around with my trip meter and noticed my average mpg for a 1500 mile race season was 24.8 mpg. Roughly half what a normally riden FZ07 would be. ?

Also got a baseline on the bike, right at 75, right where it should  be. Now we'll see what she does with a massage and dyno tune for both pump and race gas (U4.4) ?

• Global Moderator

@mossrider what spacers did you getfor thOse clipons?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 4 weeks later...

This off season update project started off as a simple set of clipons. A 5 minute project. How hard could it be?  Be careful what you start folks...

Suddenly this;
0227171549.jpg

upload my picture

What the hell happened?
0227171627.jpg

upload images
in for a penny, in for a pound I guess.

1500 miles WFO!

0227171638.jpg

The clip on's connected to the crankshaft, the crankshaft connected to your wallet, hmm hmmm?

• Premium Member

Are you going to go back to Chuckwalla any time soon? If so, I'll definitely see you there. My buddy and I picked up some R3's and I've started my own race team. We're gonna race in the lightweight classes :)

- Paulie

Are you going to go back to Chuckwalla any time soon? If so, I'll definitely see you there. My buddy and I picked up some R3's and I've started my own race team. We're gonna race in the lightweight classes :) 
- Paulie
Needle's buried deep ain't it?   
Not sure if I'll make it back this season as my daughter's getting married.  I have 5 race weekends and a couple track days scheduled. I had to go back to work to pay my crack dealer too.

Congrats on the team. The little bikes are a hoot! And cheap fun to boot. Have fun, I know I have. And post up pics.

Archived