The MT-07 Forum

Need for Donor Bike for 2WDW Flash

Guest 2wheeler

Guest 2wheeler
I'm curious - is that difference at max power/torque only? What about at 4 or 5k? I would think you might have an advantage at that RPM with the snorkel in place. 
I'm in the same school that a well-designed intake snorkel is a good thing - that said, this one is restrictive in that the oval opening is very small relative to something like the MWR lid. No snorkel or enhanced flow shaping but the opening is HUGE relative to the stock.
What I was told was that I "lost 2hp off the top and 2 lbs of torque off the bottom." They didn't offer me a chart, and I didn't ask as it was all free which I was grateful for.  
I am going to be really interested in how the MWR lid works out, both in real gains on a dyno, and whether it wil need a reflash.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

So @2wheeler , your bike is stock and was flashed to have a stock filter and no snorkel. You now have the MWR air filter with no snorkel and no re-flash required for these changes, is this correct?

I am asking because my bike is stock and was flashed the same as yours and now I plan on putting the MWR filter and MWR filter lid on my bike.

Guest 2wheeler
So @2wheeler , your bike is stock and was flashed to have a stock filter and no snorkel. You now have the MWR air filter with no snorkel and no re-flash required for these changes, is this correct? 
I am asking because my bike is stock and was flashed the same as yours and now I plan on putting the MWR filter and MWR filter lid on my bike.
I just sent a PM with a detailed answer, buy broadly, 2WDW never mentioned the need for one. The addition of the MWR lid may change that as you are adding a lot more air volume with that lid. I am sure that if the MWR filter/lid combo sells well, 2WDW will have an opportunity to dyno a FZ with it. 

Archived