Sign in to follow this  
aus10c

FZ-07 stock mirrors

aus10c
What size is wrench do I need to undo the holding nuts on the stock mirrors? Sorry for such a silly question ??

mjh937
I am not home to check but it is a metric size. One of the mirrors is reverse threaded (I think it is the clutch side, but someone will correct me if I am wrong), so make sure you are not accidently tightening it. I know at least one guy here has snapped the mirror off while trying to remove it because he was turning it the wrong way.

Eastern Kayaker
17mm

Beemer
The reverse thread side is the right side mirror but even if I'm wrong you'll find out for yourself.

Beemer

rick
The reverse thread side is the right side mirror but even if I'm wrong you'll find out for yourself.
Hmm, I thought it was the left mirror

YZEtc
The right-hand side is reverse (left-hand) thread.
That's where you turn clockwise to loosen it.

I believe this is so if you smack the mirror on something, it will tend to loosen instead of tighten and break, or, make your handlebar jerk to the right.

rick
hah, it was easier to remember the other way round. with it that way round, I would have explained that if they came loose, the wind wouldn't cause the mirrors to rotate backward.

If i get around to swapping bars, getting it right will come in right/left-handed for sure