The MT-07 Forum

Yamalube Advantage

philthyphil

I'm just wondering if any of you have heard of this thing called the 'Yamalube Advantage'? Supposedly it is a program that new Yamaha owners can register for. The salesperson that sold me my FZ 07 told me about it. So you register your bike at http://www.yamalubeadvantage.com/registration/ before you reach your first maintenance, (600 miles). Somehow through the program you agree to use only yamalube oil in your bike and they give you some type of extended warranty. The site says they will warrant the engine for 20 years, or 100,000 miles as long as you only use their oil. Sounds too good to be true?

• Global Moderator

There was a thread about this a while back. I think they figure with as reliable as the engines are and as forgetful as people will be to keep records they will make more money selling the oil than they will pay in repairs. If you can keep the required records I do not know why you would not do it. I did not know about it until it was too late for me. I expect I am spending more on Mobil 1 in my bike than the Yamalube costs anyway.

Just FYI. I read there terms and it stated that any repairs had to be a direct result of damage from the oil itself. If it works financially to use Yamalube, then I don't see any reason you shouldn't do it, but to expect additional warranty coverage may be "wishful thinking". Please read the terms for yourself if you before "buying" into the sales pitch.

They know that everyone is going with top quality synthetics and they're losing money because of it, that's why they're doing this and any problems down the road due to oil would be hard to prove, especially since they have the big bucks for the big lawyers and most lawyers wouldn't even dare try going against them because it would be futile. I say do yourself a favor, not them and just buy a longer lasting synthetic oil.

Beemer

Archived