The MT-07 Forum

New FZ-07 Owner

philthyphil

Whats up? My name's Phil. I just picked up an all black 2016 FZ-07 from the dealer yesterday. Looking forward to getting some good info from you guys here!
img_20161221_174931_1.jpg

img bb

Welcome. There is a lot of info around to be certain. I'm sure you'll find a good group of knowledgeable folks here.

OMG, it's philthy already! Ha, joking,  ;)   she looks nice in that shiny black! (I'm a little envious) Congrats & welecome! Any aftermarket parts in mind just yet?

Beemer

OMG, it's philthy already! Ha, joking,  ;)   she looks nice in that shiny black! (I'm a little envious) Congrats & welecome! Any aftermarket parts in mind just yet?
Philthy is good, means its not just sitting in the garage!! 
Welcome to the family Phil

Oh yeah, lots of aftermarket parts in mind. Too many to recount, ha ha. Unfortunately, buying the bike and getting it insured has left me more or less broke for now. But, when I do recover, which won't be long, the first thing on my list is a tail tidy so I can get rid of that unsightly rear fender. Definitely want to get some bar end mirrors. I actually don't mind the way that the stock mirrors look, but I have a little trouble seeing around myself when using them. It's not a major problem, all I have to do is tuck my arms in a bit, but I'm hoping I can get better functionality with bar end mirrors. Next on the list after those two items will hopefully be some sort of new exhaust. Number one on my list for that category is the m4 slip on. It doesn't break the bank, and from what I've heard it sounds pretty mean as well.  

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! I purchased mirror extenders ($16) for the stock mirrors, which eliminated the problem of my body blocking my view. If you are interested, let me know, I'll post a link for them.

Welcome! I purchased mirror extenders ($16) for the stock mirrors, which eliminated the problem of my body blocking my view. If you are interested, let me know, I'll post a link for them. 

Absolutely, yea let me know. That sounds like a pretty good solution. 

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I purchased mine about 2 years ago from a different store (does not exist now) on Amazon, but the extenders are just like the ones in this link: www.amazon.com/Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Yamaha/dp/B01KLOY6GI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482527736&sr=8-2&keywords=10mm+mirror+risers

Also, check ebay, since there appears to be more sellers of these extenders now. You need them to be 10mm with one being LH thread and the other RH thread. Just make sure you get 2 extenders, one for the LH threaded mirror and the other for the RH threaded mirror.

I purchased mine about 2 years ago from a different store (does not exist now) on Amazon, but the extenders are just like the ones in this link: www.amazon.com/Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Yamaha/dp/B01KLOY6GI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482527736&sr=8-2&keywords=10mm+mirror+risers 
Also, check ebay, since there appears to be more sellers of these extenders now. You need them to be 10mm with one being LH thread and the other RH thread. Just make sure you get 2 extenders, one for the LH threaded mirror and the other for the RH threaded mirror.

Nice! Those look awesome, and affordable. Right up my alley. Thank you for the heads up on those.

Welcome Phil!  
Where ya from?
I live in Stockton California, and you?
San Jose! Not too far! 

When it gets warmer out we should setup a ride with the norcal peeps!

I live in Stockton California, and you?
San Jose! Not too far! 

When it gets warmer out we should setup a ride with the norcal peeps!
Hell yes, that would be awesome!

Archived