The MT-07 Forum

Going to miss my old ride, but she has to go

jerryv

• Global Moderator

I would keep unless you really need the cash. It's a classic and you can't have enough vehicles. You need choices in life.  ;)

You can always put it up for sale on here if you like.

I would keep unless you really need the cash. It's a classic and you can't have enough vehicles. You need choices in life.  ;) 
You can always put it up for sale on here if you like.
If I had a garage ... don't think I'd let her go.  Would be a good project bike.  I got a guy in California interested .. he may have a hauler pick it up.  Guess I'll see how that goes.  She cleans up nice for a 14 year old bike. 

• Premium Member

Very cool motorcycle.. Triumph was on my radar when lookin for a new bike, but the Yamaha won in the end.

Everything went braap.

That is a very nice bike!
Yup .. my first real bike.  Purchased as a 2K leftover in 2001.  Got 21 K miles on it and as you can see, she's neeked!  It is a surprisingly sporty ride, very torquey triple.  Drilled out the baffles ans rev's lie a ferrari.  Got a deal in the works.  It's not running but may go to CA for a guy who will probably get it running and sell for nice profit.  Amazing how it looks for 14 year old bike.  Can't justify keeping it.  No garage is the deal killer.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

Yea, my last bike was a 1998 Triumph Adventurer with that same engine.  As you said, surprisingly sporty and fast bike.  I sold it to fix the wife's mini van.  I was worried that I'd never find a bike as universal as that one.  I feel your pain brother.  But then I found the FZ-07 and it was a perfect transition.  The FZ is lighter and a little more nimble.  But I do miss all that chrome. 
Pics from the day I had to sell her...I was not very happy

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/DSCF3144_zpsc839e6af.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/DSCF3138_zpsff7d3334.jpg

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
yes...they were twins ... yours has even more chrome
Not too much more, maybe just the crash bar and radiator cover.  I think the black tank and fenders just made the chrome "pop" a little more.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived