The MT-07 Forum

I have an FZ-07. I live in Wisconsin.

randalf

I have a 2016 FZ-07 that I picked up new from the dealer back in September for $5880 (before taxes, etc), which I thought was a pretty good deal. I sold off my 2011 FZ8 in order to make room in the garage for the 07. I also ride a street legal 2013 WR450F, in case anybody cares. I got a lot of guff at the dealership for going with the 07 rather than the 09 and I'll admit, those slimy sales dudes almost got me to consider it, but at the end of the day, I knew I wanted the 07 and went with my gut and couldn't be happier with my decision. So here I am and that's all for now.
20161217_143517_HDR.jpg

Howdy.

Myself, I rode both the FZ07 and FZ09 on the same day at a Yamaha Demo Days test ride event.
The FZ07 was, by far, an easy choice for me, and I was ready and able to purchase either bike.
The FZ07 was simply more fun to ride.

I my experience, a lot of riders will go with the philosophy of which ever bike makes the most horsepower.
I wouldn't have listened to those guys at the dealership, either.

• Premium Member

Congrats! Yeah, can't let those guys think they can tell you what to get. In the end, it's your choice and what you'll have to live with.

Cool shot in the snow!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Nice choice! I haven't ridden an 09 and I'm sure they're great, but I love my FZ-07 and I know, if I ever upgrade, it won't be because I need an 09. ;)

Why can't left turners see us?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I was able to ride the 09 and the 07 back-to-back at the dealer when I bought the 07, and I'll confidently admit that the 9 was nothing short of badass. But at the end of the day, I was sold on the 7's narrow-ness, the light, flick-able nimble-ness, the sound of the twin, and how awesome that gigantic rear tire looks from the back. Also, that whole rear end of the 9 looks lame and incomplete imo. So yea, glad to finally be a part of this community and blah, blah, blah...

Welcome and congrats! Cool pic and avatar! What light kit to make the WR450F street legal?  

Hey, thanks! I used the Tusk Kit from Rocky Mountain. Solid kit and the most affordable I could find. 
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1156/26724/Tusk-Motorcycle-Enduro-Lighting-Kit?term=tusk+lighting+kit
Wow, that was affordable! Good price! I've heard in the past that turning a dirt bike into a street bike can be a pita due to the number of legal processes/amount of paperwork you have to go through. Is that still true or was it fairly easy?? This isn't so much for my knowledge but others that may be thinking of doing the same thing you did. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
Welcome!! I would consider the XSR900 or the 2017 FZ09 if I was now in the market... too late, hehehe
I was able to take one for a spin and it is nice no question but the FZ -07 was still the winner over all for me. But the XSR is super nice and looks great IMO. I like the look and the upgrades of the new 09 also. The 09 was also on my radar when I got the 07 for  only grand more.  
Man picking out the right bike for yourself is like trying to find the right pair of shoes .... are you running, walking or climbing rocks lol and you need the right size to fit your feet.

Welcome to the Club randalf!

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Welcome!! I would consider the XSR900 or the 2017 FZ09 if I was now in the market... too late, hehehe
I was able to take one for a spin and it is nice no question but the FZ -07 was still the winner over all for me. But the XSR is super nice and looks great IMO. I like the look and the upgrades of the new 09 also. The 09 was also on my radar when I got the 07 for  only grand more.  
Man picking out the right bike for yourself is like trying to find the right pair of shoes .... are you running, walking or climbing rocks lol and you need the right size to fit your feet.

Welcome to the Club randalf!

Yeah, I agree... the solution is to earn more money and have several bikes, lol

Safe riding!

Wow, that was affordable! Good price! I've heard in the past that turning a dirt bike into a street bike can be a pita due to the number of legal processes/amount of paperwork you have to go through. Is that still true or was it fairly easy?? This isn't so much for my knowledge but others that may be thinking of doing the same thing you did.
I bought my WR from a guy who had already had it street legalized in Michigan, but I know that in the state of Wisconsin, it is impossible to get anything street legalized. In Michigan, apparently its super easy. My step dad and two brothers just picked up WR450s as well and they will be street legalizing theirs in Michigan this spring. My parents have a residence up in Michigan which makes it even more easy, apparently. I'll definitely have a better idea of how this whole process works as I watch those three dudes all go through it at the same time. 

15181631_10154652693380502_4519473032462620083_n.jpg?oh=fa288b0b0df15f7b17b6f05cdf29cb02&oe=58F065AB

Archived