The MT-07 Forum

Review request: Gilles Tooling Rearsets

superfishal

Has anyone had the chance to try out the gilles Tooling rearsets and if so could they give a review of what they thought about them.  Price is not bad at $332(€318) and I've been looking for a comfortable upgrade from the stock set. 

• Premium Member

Its a nice product for sure but.... I went with the cheap china made ones and they are actually great IMO. I went cheap because I was not sure if I was going to like the new position. And at first for me at 5' 10" I didn't like the new position until I got lower bars.
I would say leave it alone unless you plan on track days, the bike is super comfortable the way it is trust me. Now I'm getting used to the new more forward position but I still remember when it was stock and comfy.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

@superfishal I have had the Gilles rearsets for some time now and I really like them. I have them set in the furthest back and up position for a more sporty body position when track riding. They are a big improvement over the stock foot pegs as far as position goes, and I really like the knurling on the peg itself - very grippy. I've also gone down twice with these rearsets and both times the bolt and peg were damaged but the rest of the unit was intact. The fixed peg acts like another slider and protects the bike from damage. Replacing the peg through @bellissimoto was quick and easy.

All in all I highly recommend these rearsets. The quality is excellent and they allow you to adjust your riding position to be more sporty. I also recommend the Gilles GTOL bars and adjustable risers if you want a sporty position but also want to retain some level of upright seating. Both the pegs and bars are extremely versatile in that regard.

Thank you for the review ddog. I have broken both of my scrapers on the stock pegs while checking the shoulder grip of the tires and figure it's time for a little more lean clearance. Grips just fine btw.

Has anyone had the chance to try out the gilles Tooling rearsets and if so could they give a review of what they thought about them.  Price is not bad at $332(€318) and I've been looking for a comfortable upgrade from the stock set. 
Hi @superfishal, 
We are the importer and distributor for Gilles Tooling products in the US, and have this item in stock.  Can you please link me to where you found that price for the FZ-07 rearsets?

Once I review it, I'll do my best to match it if you are interested.  

The Gilles rearsets for the FZ-07 are nice because they are some of the most adjustable.  In addition to moving the footrest rearward, they are the only rearset on the market for the FZ-07 that lets you keep your stock foot positioning, and even give you options to position the footrests forward from stock.  

The double ball bearings on gear and brake lever make for smooth as silk action, and the knurling the on the footpegs is perfect for all sole types from riding shoes, to full on race boots.

Let me know if you're interested :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Hi @superfishal , 
We are the importer and distributor for Gilles Tooling products in the US, and have this item in stock.  Can you please link me to where you found that price for the FZ-07 rearsets?

Once I review it, I'll do my best to match it if you are interested.  

The Gilles rearsets for the FZ-07 are nice because they are some of the most adjustable.  In addition to moving the footrest rearward, they are the only rearset on the market for the FZ-07 that lets you keep your stock foot positioning, and even give you options to position the footrests forward from stock.  

The double ball bearings on gear and brake lever make for smooth as silk action, and the knurling the on the footpegs is perfect for all sole types from riding shoes, to full on race boots.

Let me know if you're interested :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Thanks Paul.  I got that price off the gilles Tooling site.  I'm sure the international shipping will be quite a bit coming straight from them and Id rather use a domestic distributor. I'll check out belissimoto first. 

-Jason 

i have them also. great adjustability and quality parts. they also sell replacement parts if you end need them like i did. Paul and Bellisimoto are the best.

[...] 
www.bellissimoto.com

Thanks Paul.  I got that price off the gilles Tooling site.  I'm sure the international shipping will be quite a bit coming straight from them and Id rather use a domestic distributor. I'll check out belissimoto first. 

-Jason 
Hi @superfishal , I've checked the Gilles Tooling web site, and the price that I can see is €372,63 (+ shipping). I don't know how do you have found this lower price... maybe the same site looks different if surfed from different countries?

One question for who have the rear sets on the 07:
I've seen the link for the brake lever to the rear master cylinder:

Schermata_2016_12_21_alle_14_37_50.png

Schermata_2016_12_21_alle_14_37_58.png

free image hosting

I'm wondering if the silver item (the one in the yellow circle) is supplied with the GT's rear sets...
My OE rear set link looks like you can see:

DSC_2128.jpg

bbcode image upload

How can be the two parts connected?
Someone can post an image of this item?
Thank you!
:)

www.MT-Series.it
Yamaha Official MT-Series Club

Hi @superfishal , I've checked the Gilles Tooling web site, and the price that I can see is €372,63 (+ shipping). I don't know how do you have found this lower price... maybe the same site looks different if surfed from different countries?

One question for who have the rear sets on the 07:
I've seen the link for the brake lever to the rear master cylinder:

Schermata_2016_12_21_alle_14_37_50.png

Schermata_2016_12_21_alle_14_37_58.png

free image hosting

I'm wondering if the silver item (the one in the yellow circle) is supplied with the GT's rear sets...
My OE rear set link looks like you can see:

DSC_2128.jpg

bbcode image upload

How can be the two parts connected?
Someone can post an image of this item?
Thank you!
:)
The item you have circled in Yellow IS included with the Gilles Rearsets :) 
- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Archived