The MT-07 Forum

(Another) round headlight conversion *daymaker led*

xsr900nick

Hey y'all. Been accumulating parts for quite awhile and finally put this all together. Not 100% done still need to tidy up the wiring harness and sort the turn signals, but I know ware I'm headed at least.

Nice, I really do prefer the round lights. It's one styling detail of the FZ that I'm not really crazy about. 

Have no idea what it'll cost, but it looks like there'll be another choice for a nice round LED motorcycle specific headlight come next year. The 2017 Honda CB1100 will come with one. http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-honda-cb1100rs-gets-serious-about-looking-cool-and-riding-performance#page-2

Nice, I really do prefer the round lights. It's one styling detail of the FZ that I'm not really crazy about.  
Have no idea what it'll cost, but it looks like there'll be another choice for a nice round LED motorcycle specific headlight come next year. The 2017 Honda CB1100 will come with one. http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-honda-cb1100rs-gets-serious-about-looking-cool-and-riding-performance#page-2
That CB1100 is nice. I'd seriously consider one of those as a next bike.

Yeah, its been on the bike for a matter of hours so I havnt had much time yet to put this post together but I knew of I didn't make it now I would likely never do it haha. To give you some idea the cost with he wind screen and everything was under $150 using amazon and eBay to source parts

Will be waiting for your parts list and instructions. :-) Also can you post a picture night riding or standing still looking forward from the seat? Would like to know how the day makers light up the road?

Unfortunately, I don't think we get the RS version here in the US, so we're stuck with 18" wheels (read limited tire choices) and the cheaper suspension/brake bits.

I've sat on the previous version and it was pretty nice up close- comfy, but astonishingly 20+ lbs heavier than my fully faired Aprilia with its hard luggage and bigger fuel tank. That air/oil cooled 4 cyl 1100 cc motor will only make a bit more HP than the FZ and far less than my Rotax liter twin..

I was more suggesting raiding the Honda parts bin, just for the headlight assembly .

Yeah, its been on the bike for a matter of hours so I havnt had much time yet to put this post together but I knew of I didn't make it now I would likely never do it haha. To give you some idea the cost with he wind screen and everything was under $150 using amazon and eBay to source parts
Not bad.

Unfortunately, I don't think we get the RS version here in the US, so we're stuck with 18" wheels (read limited tire choices) and the cheaper suspension/brake bits.  
I've sat on the previous version and it was pretty nice up close- comfy, but astonishingly 20+ lbs heavier than my fully faired Aprilia with its hard luggage and bigger fuel tank. That air/oil cooled 4 cyl 1100 cc motor will only make a bit more HP than the FZ and far less than my Rotax liter twin..

I was more suggesting raiding the Honda parts bin, just for the headlight assembly .
Bummer the RS won't be coming over, I like the updated UJM appearance of that bike. We'll see what happens in a couple years, I'll probably wind up getting an FZ-09 anyway. Cuz triple :-) 

• Premium Member

Cool. Looks good, especially with the matching shield.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Nice job, looks very bright. Would be cool if you had some side by side (oem vs led) shots in daylight and darkness. I guess the price has come way down on led headlights, win for everyone.

'16 Yamaha FZ-07, '15 Yamaha FZ-09

Archived