The MT-07 Forum

Question regarding body panel swaps

emmerich

So I'm interested in swapping some of the body panels on my bike and I had a few concerns before I place my order.

I'll be purchasing from here: http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/55db249e87a8660384734c02/fuel-tank-2

First off I'd like to make certain I have the correct body code.  I'm interested in the raven black panels and the codes are as follows:

FZ07GB : This is the one I'm assuming is the raven black.

FZ07GGY : The gray/hi-vis yellow?

FZ07GS : Silver/Blurple? (what I have now)

My second concern is there is two separate panels listed for each area; "Cover, Side 1 UR FOR SMX" and "Cover, Side 1 UR FOR MS1" for instance and I'm not sure which ones I should be ordering, or if it even matters?  Is there a difference in the two?

Anyone who could chime in with experience ordering from here, or just knows more than I would really be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Global Moderator

I have ordered from that site a few times with no problems. Sorry I cannot help with the other question, I am sure someone will.

I have ordered from that site a few times with no problems. Sorry I cannot help with the other question, I am sure someone will.
Yea I have too and definitely trust them.  Just want to make sure I order the right stuff! 

Call your local Yamaha shop and they will be able to help you. I recently ordered black panels and they were very helpful in determining which panels were correct to order. I think your color designations are correct, but I would call just to be sure.

Call your local Yamaha shop and they will be able to help you. I recently ordered black panels and they were very helpful in determining which panels were correct to order. I think your color designations are correct, but I would call just to be sure.
This would have been my first course of action had my yammer dealer not been a family owned bunch of dildos....I may bite the bullet and double check with them, but honestly I'd trust any forum member here over their competence anyway.

I just recently ordered all new panels for my bike!

Going from my current 2016 Matte Silver (MS1 color code) to the 2015 Liquid Graphite (DNMN color code)... I ended up purchasing through partsfish.com as their prices were a bit lower across the board per piece than the above mentioned site which when multiplied over numerous pieces, it really adds up... AND... they also currently have a 1/2 off shipping deal as mentioned on their front page. My only gripe... My parts took awhile to arrive (a few weeks because of a few items needing to be shipped from over seas) but everything came as ordered and in great condition!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

The info posted so far in this thread is correct. SMX is the Raven color code. If you search this forum for MS1 you will see several other post that list info about the color codes. Don't search using the SMX color code because you will get many post on the Alpinestars SMX boots. The Yamahapartshouse site is also a Yamaha dealer, so call them before you order and they can verify if you have the correct items. 

The tank body panels on your bike have 2 damper pieces glued to the inside of the panel to prevent rattling. You can carefully remove these 2 damper pieces and reuse them or order new ones. 

I order from RonAyers since I'm on the east coast. Partsfiche is in Omaha. www.yamahapartshouse is in Michigan.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

This would have been my first course of action had my yammer dealer not been a family owned bunch of dildos....I may bite the bullet and double check with them, but honestly I'd trust any forum member here over their competence anyway.

Yeah, many of these kind of people lately... I have my dealership like 10 min walking from home, but my business in the end is going to one 30 min away as their attention is far better... :S

Safe riding!

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I ended up ordering the panels (tank and front fender) as well as the damper pieces in case I ever want to swap back or potentially sell the silver ones. I may do the tail section at some point down the line but I'll wait to see what I think of the mix of gloss/flat black.

Happy Holidays!

• Premium Member

I, too, have ordered from there. No problems... other than pretty slow for some unexplained reason. Probably a "middleman" who stocks little to nothing would be my guess.

• Global Moderator

Partzilla is another to try, they are based out of washington i believe.
The damper blocks are cheap enough to replace.... theres only 2 per side i believe

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived