The MT-07 Forum

Why is the front fender on the red fz not painted?

tbi12904

Like the title states, I've been wondering this for quite awhile. It would seem that the red one is the only one that doesn't have a painted front fender. The white and the blurple bikes do. I haven't paid attention to the 16's. Sorry if this has been covered, but I've never been able to find a solid answer.

When I Google image search the blurple ones from 2015, the majority of the pictures appear to have the same gray paint on the fender as the plastics.

I Assume because someone in the design department thought it would look better. Just a small splash of red on the tank to draw attention, but not overdoing it with red everywhere.

I still plan to update my red 2015 with the red fender pieces and red tail section of the 2017.

Any market for my black stuff?

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

To each his own but I'm more bothered by why no one can make a microwave that heats the food evenly.  :P

Does yours have a turntable?

To each his own but I'm more bothered by why no one can make a microwave that heats the food evenly.  :P
Does yours have a turntable?
Yes it does and it's a newer one but it's the other rotation of the food they haven't figured out yet and probably won't since it will involve the turning over or stirring of the food half way through the cycle. I'm sure you understand now.  ;)

Beemer

I don't think you'll ever find any solid answer for any one company's color design choices.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

When a non-motorcycle person sees our 07 and 09 together they usually say something like, "Oh, you have matching bikes!"

The front fenders are usually the first thing I point out to them. (non moto people only)  :D

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
I still plan to update my red 2015 with the red fender pieces and red tail section of the 2017. 
Any market for my black stuff?
YES, send me a PM. 

'16 FZ07

I did not like that either. A mistake, I thought. I fed my opinion back to Yamaha on their Design Cafe which of course made no difference!

Just do it! 

• 3 months later...

Ordered and installed the 2 red front fender pieces from the 2017 on my 2015 bike.
FINNALY looks right. Don't know if I'll get the red tail or not. As of now it's still unavailable.

I'll be picking up a 2017 red FZ-07 next week. I plan to swap out the tail plastics for the matte gray. I like how it looks better. So I'll have the red tail plastics available when that happens.

• Global Moderator

I have a red 2015 and I think it has just the right amount of red on it. The 2017 has a bit too much for my taste. I would put up with it to get the ABS though, but that is another thread.

I'll be picking up a 2017 red FZ-07 next week. I plan to swap out the tail plastics for the matte gray. I like how it looks better. So I'll have the red tail plastics available when that happens.

I'm up for a swap.?

I'm up for a swap.?
PM sent.

I'm up for a swap.?
PM sent.

If that doesn't work out for shipping reasons. Hit me up. I'm in cali, I.E., to be exact and I will ride out there to swap them ?

Archived