The MT-07 Forum

Riding Shoes Reccomendation

botticelli

• Premium Member

I have a pair of track boots for most days, but can any one recommend some shoes for riding.

I tried the sneaker / show / boot combo thing from coretech but wore the out completely in 2-3 months. (wearing it 2-3 days a week)

Looking for something that's well made, independent of price.

I don't mind paying for something that will last, but honestly I wore out a pair of alpine-stars sneaker shoes even faster.

What do you wear?

~Pete

'16 FZ07

Been using Dainese Short Shift shoes for over a year not for school. They are comfortable enough to wear all day, and feel like they provide decent protection. Even after a small crash the only noticeable wear is from shifting, and that just from me placing my foot too close to the shift linkages and getting rubbed away, the top of the boot is pristine. Is perforated on the top and makes for cool riding in the summer, and in current cold weather in SoCal I don't mind too much. Feet get cold but doesn't impair function, hell I barely notice cold feet.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-short-shift-shoes

• Premium Member

I second the Dainese line.
I originally bought a pair of these: Dainese Asphalt C2B.
I liked them so much I bought a pair of these for wetter weather: Dainese SSC Alpha
Then I wanted some more protective touring style and bought these:  Dainese Freeland Gore-Tex
They are all very well made, pretty protective, and very comfortable.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

My first pair of shoes I picked up were the TXC http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-square-sport-boots and they are super comfortable for riding and walking all day long. Not sure if the water proof part worked though The day it rained and I had them on I didn't have rain pants on so they got soaked haha.
I picked up these SS for 60 buck for next year. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28274/i/speed-and-strength-moment-of-truth-shoes I tried them on they seem well built.

Oh and no laces on the SS shoes I never liked the fact that the TXC had laces. And on a side note the ATGAT in me says always wear full length boots.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

I bought the Stylmartin Sunset EVO shoes. Theyre are fairly comfortable. I wear them every single day to work, standing for at least 6 hours a day. Only downfall I have been annoyed by is that the insoles are thin and do not stay in one place. Paid 155 for them and they have excellent armor on the ankles and the toe is reinforced perfectly. Not too much wear on the rubber bottoms. But, like I said I wear them almost 24/7. Definitely recommend them.

Just got the Alpinestars SP1 shoes "non vented". Haven't ridden with them yet but I am impressed with the build quality and they seem to be pretty comfortable. Hope to test them soon.

If there exist any riding shoes with black soles, I'd suggest going for that if possible unless you don't care about replacing your shoes every so often.

I have a large collection of shoes, wear many different types of shoes and one thing I can tell you is white rubber soles wear down quick. Certain converse and vans shoes have white banded soles, and the white part always, always just get shredded down quickly.

And I also own a pair of Sidi riding shoes, well, I have owned 2- the first one, right off the bat, brand new the white rubber inner design just tore off. I warranty replaced it with the same shoe (revzilla) and once again, the inner design tore off but this time it was less egregious and it took nearly 3 weeks total for replacement, so I said **** it and just dealt with it.

If you read various reviews with any of these white soled riding shoes, a common thing you will come across is how quickly they wear out. Yes even if they are off white or distressed white, it is still the soft white rubber.

You need to keep this in mind. Riding shoes with white soles are not built for long term. They are casual, every so often gear not recommended for daily use unless you know that you will be replacing them quickly. I will still buy another pair of white soled riding shoes (such as from Dianese) because I like the way they look and feel, but I know that they will fall apart and I will just end up buying another after that. But that is because I'm willing to keep paying for new ones just for the look and feel.

Yes, yes, a poster will come along to **** on my point "i've owned a pair of blah blah for years now blah blah" that's great. I'm just trying to inform you in general what you will be in for when you decide to go with white soled riding shoes. That's all. Take this info as something to weigh.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Just got a pair of TCX X-Move hi top shoes, water proof, put 125 miles on today and yesterday and really like them. Almost flat bottom so I can slide my feet around where I want. I did have to raise my shifter lever up a tad because it was set for thin, soft sneakers. These fit true to my size at 8.5 US, they lace up so you can snug them right up to fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked at any of the rev'it boots? I wear the rev'it royale boots and they are comfortable, yet you can wear them with jeans when you're out no one will think they are moto boots.

I've heard good things about the rev'it rodeo and their high top boots. Just make sure you get them per the US size as UK sizes are different. I wear size 9.5 US and I had to buy size 8 UK.

I bought the Stylmartin Sunset EVO shoes. Theyre are fairly comfortable. I wear them every single day to work, standing for at least 6 hours a day. Only downfall I have been annoyed by is that the insoles are thin and do not stay in one place. Paid 155 for them and they have excellent armor on the ankles and the toe is reinforced perfectly. Not too much wear on the rubber bottoms. But, like I said I wear them almost 24/7. Definitely recommend them.
I second Stylmartin.  Never even heard of them before working here.  Sold a bunch and our customers all love them.  Their riding shoes hold up well, have reinforcement in all the right places, and are still comfortable for every day use, on AND off the bike.  All the guys who ride to work here wear them :) 
You can check them out, as well as the whole Stylmartin collection here - Stylmartin footwear

:)

- Paul

BellissiMoto.com

• 1 month later...

+1 on TCX - if you compare them to other riding "sneakers" or boots, they pack in way more protection for often times, less cash. I have a pair of their sneakers and boots. Both are super comfortable and both often receive compliments by moto people and non-moto riders alike.

I only do proper touring boots from like Coretech, Joe Rocket and SIDI. I had a pair of AGV and they weren't quite up to snuff. I (used to) wear mine 5 days a week 50 weeks a year. Have lasted at least a year no problem, and generally 2 without trying too hard. Definitely check out these guys. I've been a happy customer for 15 years.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/boots/sport_street_touring_boots/

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Global Moderator
I have a pair of track boots for most days, but can any one recommend some shoes for riding. 
I tried the sneaker / show / boot combo thing from coretech but wore the out completely in 2-3 months. (wearing it 2-3 days a week)

Looking for something that's well made, independent of price.

I don't mind paying for something that will last, but honestly I wore out a pair of alpine-stars sneaker shoes even faster.

What do you wear?

~Pete

Im gonna second @2wheeler 's post.  I wear the A-Stars SMX-3 boots. Have been since about 3 months after purchasing the bike, couldn't be any happier. Theyve lasted over 2 years so far. I wear em all day at school, been through a slide, and walking around malls/weekend rides with the gf, still plenty of tread on em. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Given I'm a newb rider I was looking for protection over anything else, so after a ton of research I settled on these these SIDI Vertigo boots. They're armoured up everywhere that counts, they're stiff and IMO more of a track boot so not so much for walking/squeaking around for extended periods....due to this stiffness of the angled build I'd say they're more awkward/clompy than uncomfortable. A very well constructed (it is Italian after all) pair of foot wear, I have full confidence that this boot will do its job in a worst case scenario. Not to mention I think these look kind of bad azz and give the appearance that perhaps I know what the hell Im doing out there? HAHA.  Solid.  ;)

https://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-vertigo-boots?gclid=Cj0KEQiA5vXEBRChycOl36LPn5EBEiQAJV2-bEwvY589heHOYxo1Aui4QkDFwdpstH2MqqOQX4tLQs8aAqVF8P8HAQ

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I am a newbie rider as well, before I've been using just Vans (I know I know)...

I bought the TCX X-Square Sport Boot literally 3hrs ago. I put them on the walk around and they feel like high top Nikes, but offer protection for riding.

Definitely comfortable than most of the others that I tried on at my local Cycle Gear shop.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-square-sport-boots

So after doing some riding with the TCX X-Square Boots, I've gotta say... my first impression wasn't too good. It felt foreign as I couldn't feel the shift lever on my toe (which I wasn't used to).

But after a little riding, I adjusted and these boots feel awesome! :)

Totally worth the money. And they are comfortable to walk around in for a long period of time.

Archived