The MT-07 Forum

Thinking about trading in my fz-07

iluvspdtt

• Premium Member
My boss finally put a price on the Tuono. $11,500 out the door. That's $10,300 before tax and license. The companies loss on that is $1450.
Pull the trigger. Grip it 'n' rip it. The you will not be sorry. Its a totally different level of bike, performance, looks, and the orgasmic sound. 

'16 FZ07

• Global Moderator
My boss finally put a price on the Tuono. $11,500 out the door. That's $10,300 before tax and license. The companies loss on that is $1450.
I would go for it. Tuono's are amazing. It is in a different class. But I wonder if they could make you a better deal though.  The bike is technically a 2013 and it is almost 2017, they have been loosing money on it already on interest alone and they will not be selling it anytime soon. 

there's been several ECU flash and computer updates since then. You should be able to get it all updated before taking delivery. get proof. The 2016 edition RRSP (the fancy one with Ohlins) is 13,500+tax here in DC. NADA guides says yours was 14K new and average retail is $9-9600.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I would go for it. Tuono's are amazing. It is in a different class. But I wonder if they could make you a better deal though.  The bike is technically a 2013 and it is almost 2017, they have been loosing money on it already on interest alone and they will not be selling it anytime soon. 

I know we've been losing money on it, that's why he's trying to blow it out. At $10,300 that's basically used value on a 2013 so I guess the way I see it, I'm not losing my behind on it as soon as it leaves the showroom floor.

there's been several ECU flash and computer updates since then. You should be able to get it all updated before taking delivery. get proof. The 2016 edition RRSP (the fancy one with Ohlins) is 13,500+tax here in DC. NADA guides says it was 14K new and average retail is $9-9600.

Unfortunately I would have to take delivery then take it down to Santa Barbara to have any ECU work done since we are no longer a Piaggio dealer, therefore, no computers for them.

Go for it!! I'll just enjoy my FZ at the moment & save for a touring - Indian/H-D I guess... you know... my woman... hehe

My woman wants me to get the cb1100 we have. And just so you know, from my experience riding Harleys, you will be referring to your woman as your old lady within minutes of hitting the saddle.

If your boss were really putting your interests first, he'd pull the ECU and send a runner down to Santa Barbara to get it flashed and then re-install. It's basic customer friendly service.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Go for it!! I'll just enjoy my FZ at the moment & save for a touring - Indian/H-D I guess... you know... my woman... hehe
My woman wants me to get the cb1100 we have. And just so you know, from my experience riding Harleys, you will be referring to your woman as your old lady within minutes of hitting the saddle.

I agree... she wants to enjoy roadtrips on a sofa, can't blame her... I would too if I was the passenger, lol

Safe riding!

There's always at least 1... lol. Just sayin.
Funny, that's exactly what's said about traitors, I mean traders. Ha! ;) 

Beemer

So I'm getting ready to leave work today and my boss stops me and says, "I was talking to Kevin (the owner of the dealership) and said that you were interested in the Tuono, he told me, find out what we owe on the bike and just sell it for that." I could be getting a much better deal. Anyone want a gently used FZ-07? Lol.

• Premium Member
So I'm getting ready to leave work today and my boss stops me and says, "I was talking to Kevin (the owner of the dealership) and said that you were interested in the Tuono, he told me, find out what we owe on the bike and just sell it for that." I could be getting a much better deal. Anyone want a gently used FZ-07? Lol.
Thunder storm is coming!!! yeah BABY!!! And list up your FZ here or make it part of the deal, the FZ will sell instantly its so popular right now, maybe they can make some money on it as a make up for giving you the tuono that wasn't moving at such a good price. 
Win-win.

Keep us posted, and pics or it didn't happen!

~Pete

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member

My advice is get it but make sure its everything you want at this point in your life ( because its going to change ). If you are going to have to make payments get exactly what you want, whats 50 to 100 more a month more if its exactly what you want? The main thing that sucks is the loss you take ( generally ). I play the payment game loan payment plus insurance is it in my budget?

Just a few thought that go threw my mind when buying something new. But throw logic out the window when you are in love haha.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

My advice is get it but make sure its everything you want at this point in your life ( because its going to change ). If you are going to have to make payments get exactly what you want, whats 50 to 100 more a month more if its exactly what you want? The main thing that sucks is the loss you take ( generally ). I play the payment game loan payment plus insurance is it in my budget? 
Just a few thought that go threw my mind when buying something new. But throw logic out the window when you are in love haha.

I actually go as far as figuring in fuel economy into my monthly payment most the time. I checked my insurance before I told my boss to figure out how much it would be originally, $20 per month increase. With the original price he told me, my monthly bike payment would have gone up $70. Now with the new price it'll be closer to $20. Lol. Fuel is gonna sick though.

If you sell your bike, wanna trade exhaust? Stock for the ixil z7 ixrace? =P

I still have my stock exhaust. Living in California gotta hold on to my stock exhaust just incase something happens.

If you sell your bike, wanna trade exhaust? Stock for the ixil z7 ixrace? =P
I still have my stock exhaust. Living in California gotta hold on to my stock exhaust just incase something happens.

Awwwwhhhhh! POOP!!! dang it!

Archived