The MT-07 Forum

Thinking about trading in my fz-07

iluvspdtt

So, I am a service writer at a motorcycle dealership, Harley, Honda and Kawasaki to be specific. The dealership used to also sell Piagio, Vespa, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Triumph and Yamaha. Anyway, we've got some leftover bikes which we are almost going to have to give away, one of which I've been eye balling. It's a brand new 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC. I could get it for a little over KBB used value which puts the dealership at a loss but it frees up money. What do you guys think? It's a whole lot of bike for sure...

We've also got a 2015 BMW R nine T that we got "used" from two brothers racing. It's got less than 1000 miles on it. I took that for a spin last week and it was incredible. Then our metric techs told me "you need to ride the Ducati Diavel we have and an Aprilia Tuono." One of the techs actually owns a Tuono he said to take for a spin.

Aaarrgh, tough decision - Tuono and R90 for me, the Diavel is brutal but I prefer the xDiavel.
If heart chooses, Tuono. Now, the air-cooled R90 is really sweet in sound and lots of options to make it your style.

Safe riding!

The other thing I was thinking is that I'll keep doing upgrades on my fz, I've got suspension, intake and ecu flash planned, then if I still want to trade it in I will. Those upgrades may make me love the bike more. Lol. Plus, we really don't have people coming in looking at those leftovers because they are still marked at $17,000... Even the leftover Concourse 1400's and Triumph Thunderbird Storm we have marked way down aren't getting attention. All 2013's.

It doesn't help that my boss always starts off saying "don't ride that, you'll want to trade in your bike" then quickly slides me the keys. I've also ridden the cb1100. It was cool but I didn't want to own it. I like to have fun and that bike does not.

We also just got a shipment of the 2017 CRF450RH. Things got so much power it won't wheelie on dry pavement, just burns the rear tire off. Lol.

• Premium Member

The Aprilia is a great bike I was debating on one before I picked up the GSXR. I wanted the RSV4 but thew tuono was in my budget. I still have my FZ and glad I do.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

My boss had been off the last few days because he was sick and yesterday he came back. Of course a salesman told him what I'd been looking at and he came and told me "I can make you a screaming deal on that. I know I'll take a huge loss but at least it'll be off my floor." He was explaining that the RSV4's went like hot cakes even though they are nearly unrideable on the street due the on-off switch they call a throttle. And he said he's had no interest in that bike at all.

20161208_173823_zps54xwmeu7.jpg

• Premium Member

Bring the thunder (tuono) home, you wont be sorry. My wife has one and I'm always borrowing it.

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member

Nice bike...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Bring the thunder (tuono) home, you wont be sorry. My wife has one and I'm always borrowing it.

What's the service schedule like?

• Premium Member
Its not a Yamaha... but not too bad. The real issue is the labor cost at a stealership.

This will help

maintenance3.jpg

'16 FZ07

Its not a Yamaha... but not too bad. The real issue is the labor cost at a stealership.

This will help

maintenance3.jpg

Keep in mind that I'm a service writer at one of those... Lol. We have a tech who is an Aprilia aficionado.

• Premium Member

This will help

maintenance3.jpg

Keep in mind that I'm a service writer at one of those... Lol. We have a tech who is an Aprilia aficionado.
Well then you definitely have no reason not to!!!! Go for it!  

'16 FZ07

Next thing, how's the back seat? Lol. My fiance does ride with me fairly often, hopefully not much longer since she bought a Vulcan S.

• Premium Member
Next thing, how's the back seat? Lol. My fiance does ride with me fairly often, hopefully not much longer since she bought a Vulcan S.
Its not too bad at all, for me. I can sit there for up to about 30 minutes with the wife as the pilot, before I NEED to get off and stretch. Usually at a long traffic light. She loves making me ride bitch, lol. I imagine it is hilarious sight.  
Shes 5'4" @ 120 loaded and I'm 5'10" @ 230 loaded. People always give us some strange looks at traffic lights.

She does comment that it is difficult for her to maneuver. That much weight (me) outside the rider triangle really makes the bike very sluggish compared to its normal corner loving self. Even when I really lean into it as the passenger(still makes me uneasy for some reason, props to her for hanging off when I do) it is not that much help.

All that said, if we go someplace far, or through the mountains, she much prefers to be the passenger. She can stay back there for 4-5 hour trips and long days riding. But same story about every 30-40 minutes she jumps off to stretch. I do notice the same sluggishness in the corners as she does, but I imagine to a much lesser degree.

Moral of the story... Yes you can take a passenger, not for too long, but the bike brings a lot more thunder with out one! I hope this helps.

~Pete

'16 FZ07

My boss finally put a price on the Tuono. $11,500 out the door. That's $10,300 before tax and license. The companies loss on that is $1450.

Go for it!! I'll just enjoy my FZ at the moment & save for a touring - Indian/H-D I guess... you know... my woman... hehe

Safe riding!

Archived