The MT-07 Forum

Dyno Jet Power Commander V

bharberts

Just curious has anyone purchaseed the dyno jet power commander V at all. I'm looking at getting it with the akrapovic titanium exhaust. 

Yeah, I've got the PCV with the Akrapovic titanium exhaust (db killer out) and a DNA air filter with the air box cover and all of those together made a huge difference in the responsiveness and power output of the bike but what made the biggest difference out o all of them was definitely the PCV. So bottom line if you can afford to and don't mind spending the money on the stuff I would definitely recommend adding them to the bike if you want more power.

I went the 2WDW route and had my ECU re-flashed when I put on my Akra TI. I have always preferred ECU re-flash over piggy back systems(More control via ECU and one less variable) . I think the re-flash is cheaper too(unless you get one used).

If you are not planning on changing parts in and out re-flash may be the better option,I love mine!

Yes, I'm using the PCV but with Yosh ex. and Hord air box, I bought the PCV thru Hordpower and he supplied it with his dyno tested mapping. Runs great but I'd also like an ECU flash to add some fueling to the idle cut for a bit less engine braking, the PCV won't do this, so I'm still waiting to see if FT can finish unlocking the stock ecu (if they will or can) so that I can send my ecu in for the best of both worlds.

Yes, I'm using the PCV but with Yosh ex. and Hord air box, I bought the PCV thru Hordpower and he supplied it with his dyno tested mapping. Runs great but I'd also like an ECU flash to add some fueling to the idle cut for a bit less engine braking, the PCV won't do this, so I'm still waiting to see if FT can finish unlocking the stock ecu (if they will or can) so that I can send my ecu in for the best of both worlds.
I added fueling to mine at idle cut to reduce decel popping on the PCV. You have to do it at the 0% throttle column 1500rpm and up. With the Akra/DNA filter map it's set at 0 fueling which is no change to stock. I bumped mine up to around 9 or 10 and it removed the popping and it seemed smoother on the decel. Unless it is a completely different scenario within the ECU itself. 
Me personally I'd rather have something I can change myself such as the PCV. I can hook my laptop up to it and bump it a couple points richer or leaner depending on weather or if I wanted to get it dyno tuned for a certain condition it can be changed right then and there. No shipping the ECU out and then waiting to get it back or not being able to adjust it myself if need be. When it comes to which is best, I can't say as I've not put them head to head myself. All I can say is with my PCV, Akra Ti, K&N filter with modded snorkel along with the PCV akra/DNA filter and lid map, mine runs great with definite notice ability of power increase.

I added fueling to mine at idle cut to reduce decel popping on the PCV. You have to do it at the 0% throttle column 1500rpm and up. With the Akra/DNA filter map it's set at 0 fueling which is no change to stock. I bumped mine up to around 9 or 10 and it removed the popping and it seemed smoother on the decel. Unless it is a completely different scenario within the ECU itself. 
Me personally I'd rather have something I can change myself such as the PCV. I can hook my laptop up to it and bump it a couple points richer or leaner depending on weather or if I wanted to get it dyno tuned for a certain condition it can be changed right then and there. No shipping the ECU out and then waiting to get it back or not being able to adjust it myself if need be. When it comes to which is best, I can't say as I've not put them head to head myself. All I can say is with my PCV, Akra Ti, K&N filter with modded snorkel along with the PCV akra/DNA filter and lid map, mine runs great with definite notice ability of power increase.

I was under the impression that with the stock ecu, with the throttle closed and regardless of PCV, there would no fuel added...I guess I'll have to check into this...thanks. 

It definitely adds fuel. With the AkraTi/DNA filter and lid map settings at 0 fuel trim at 0% throttle, it popped like crazy on decel. I bumped it up to 5 at first and still had some popping. Bumped it to 7, popping mostly gone but had a few pops here and there. Went to 9 and no popping whatsoever. I would suggest you do yours in steps as well to find out where the popping stops at and then leave it there. No need to go crazy on it as it will just be wasting fuel and kill your mileage.

Here's a video on it from dynojet themselves. Also our bikes do not have an air injection system in the exhaust so omit that from the video for the FZ-07.
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrjgiCs1rE]

I have a PCV that I would part with for a reasonable price if you're interested. I just sent my ECU in to 2wdw and should have it back next week.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

It definitely adds fuel. With the AkraTi/DNA filter and lid map settings at 0 fuel trim at 0% throttle, it popped like crazy on decel. I bumped it up to 5 at first and still had some popping. Bumped it to 7, popping mostly gone but had a few pops here and there. Went to 9 and no popping whatsoever. I would suggest you do yours in steps as well to find out where the popping stops at and then leave it there. No need to go crazy on it as it will just be wasting fuel and kill your mileage. 
Here's a video on it from dynojet themselves. Also our bikes do not have an air injection system in the exhaust so omit that from the video for the FZ-07.
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrjgiCs1rE]

Thanks carguy7, I'll definitely give it a shot...in steps as recommended. 

• 4 weeks later...
I have a PCV that I would part with for a reasonable price if you're interested. I just sent my ECU in to 2wdw and should have it back next week.
How much?

PM sent

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Archived