The MT-07 Forum

So Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

rowdy

• Premium Member

I'm sure many of you have seen it already, but I just can't get over how much Kawasaki copied the design of the FZ-07 with the new Z650ABS.
Here's a pic:

[attachment id=2422" thumbnail="1]

Here's the review.

They did it with the FZ-09 too.

[attachment id=2423" thumbnail="1]

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, but...  well, you know. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

Instead of copying the Yamahas they should have designed a new twin with the supercharger technology of the H2, now that would have been something.

booboobusfz07

Well considering they've had their bikes out longer I don't really see it as yamaha copying.
Z650 has been sold overseas as long as the ninja650. And the z900 is just keeping with their Sugomi style they've had for years z1000 for example.

• Premium Member
Well considering they've had their bikes out longer I don't really see it as yamaha copying. Z650 has been sold overseas as long as the ninja650. And the z900 is just keeping with their Sugomi style they've had for years z1000 for example.
Really?  When did they introduce the Z650 overseas? Was it before the MT-07?  (maybe I have it all wrong). 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Well, we'll never see a supercharged twin replacing the likes of the 07... from 'Saki, nor anyone else. A $7k supercharged twin, yeah, right.

And, as for an updated 07, from the looks of the new 10 and the grossly overworked mish-mash it is, I'm extra glad I bought my 07 when I did, hehehehehe!!!

Well, we'll never see a supercharged twin replacing the likes of the 07... from 'Saki, nor any else. A $7k supercharged twin, yeah, right.  
And, as for an updated 07, from the looks of the new 10 and the grossly overworked mish-mash it is, I'm extra glad I bought my 07 when I did, hehehehehe!!!
With mass production and cheap suspension etc. the supercharged twin could be affordable, they've already done the R&D. Let's keep it at 700cc and lightish like the -07, it would kill everything in it's class and a couple others probably. Keep it under $10k, with all the add ons to the -07 I bet there's some out there pushing that price already. The only reason I could see them not producing it is the sales it would take away from their larger class leaders. Who knows but I'd like to see it.. 

Well, we'll never see a supercharged twin replacing the likes of the 07... from 'Saki, nor any else. A $7k supercharged twin, yeah, right.  
With mass production and cheap suspension etc. the supercharged twin could be affordable, they've already done the R&D. Let's keep it at 700cc and lightish like the -07, it would kill everything in it's class and a couple others probably. Keep it under $10k, with all the add ons to the -07 I bet there's some out there pushing that price already. The only reason I could see them not producing it is the sales it would take away from their larger class leaders. Who knows but I'd like to see it..
Here's another reason they might not produce it. I doubt they would mass produce it before they know how well it's selling (puting the cart before the horse) to begin with so the initial sales would have the price of it too high for this class and few would buy it. I could be wrong but that's how I see it going down. It would be a hot bike, though, too bad.

Beemer

I'm not surprised by the copying of bikes too much with all the other copy cat products that you see on the market. Just the industry for bike accessories alone is an eye opener, there are so many clones floating around.

Oops, just went to edit and hit the "Like" button instead. 

Beemer

I've read the rumour Kawasaki may be planning a new H1. Rumour mill suggests it could be under 700cc and supercharged. This could be a big game changer.

There are stronger rumours of a supercharged Z1.

The new 650 is blah without a new powerplant. Too bad.

booboobusfz07
Well considering they've had their bikes out longer I don't really see it as yamaha copying. Z650 has been sold overseas as long as the ninja650. And the z900 is just keeping with their Sugomi style they've had for years z1000 for example.
Really?  When did they introduce the Z650 overseas? Was it before the MT-07?  (maybe I have it all wrong).

Er6n is the same thing. The Z650 is just the new model.
Er6n has been around as long as the ninja 650.

Glad they are going to compete for the same market that Yamaha has a death hold on. Only consumers win here, that being said I am not a fan of the Kawasaki colors. Give me blue black and white any day.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I'm not surprised by the copying of bikes too much with all the other copy cat products that you see on the market. Just the industry for bike accessories alone is an eye opener, there are so many clones floating around. 
Oops, just went to edit and hit the "Like" button instead. 
@Beemer , if you hit the like button one more time on your post, it should remove your like entry to your post.

Archived