The MT-07 Forum

no horn, no beep beep??

jrubicon

i dont see a fuse for the horn but horn doesnt work all the sudden?  help!

www.youtube.com/infinion3

My guess would be to check the signaling system fuse. But, again, if the flasher are working, it must be another fuse.

Did you install a new plate holder? If so, check your wiring.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator

As far as I can tell, there is no specific fuse for the horn only. So it is probably grouped with something else. I would check and see if there is anything else not working. If everything checks out, I would concentrate on the wiring starting at the horn connection.

My guess would be to check the signaling system fuse. But, again, if the flasher are working, it must be another fuse.  
Did you install a new plate holder? If so, check your wiring.

Start by check voltage where the horn connects, then go from there.  If no voltage there and the fuses are all good, possibly at the switch/button.

• 1 year later...

DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS WRONG? I JUST INSTALLED FLUSH MOUNT BLINKERS AND NOW MY HORN IS NOT FUNCTIONING. HAVENT HAD TIME TO TROUBLE SHOOT YET, BUT I NEED TO GET IT FIGURED OUT.  >:(

The horn goes through the signaling fuse. oddly they don't even use a relay, just wired straight from the fuse to the switch to the horn. Check the fuse, check for voltage at the switch and horn.

maybe the bike is like, honey, sweetie, come turn my horn and give me a tooter, or simply UPGRADE!! :)

The horn goes through the signaling fuse. oddly they don't even use a relay, just wired straight from the fuse to the switch to the horn. Check the fuse, check for voltage at the switch and horn.
Thanks guys, Im off this weekend so Im going to check it out then. Even though the horn is, um.. girly at best, I think that will be one of my last upgrades lol

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
DID YOU EVER FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS WRONG? I JUST INSTALLED FLUSH MOUNT BLINKERS AND NOW MY HORN IS NOT FUNCTIONING. HAVENT HAD TIME TO TROUBLE SHOOT YET, BUT I NEED TO GET IT FIGURED OUT.  >:(
Most likely a blown fuse, check them all. Like mentioned by another member the horn also has a horn switch. However, majority of members have found the issue to be with a blown fuse.

Most likely a blown fuse, check them all. Like mentioned by another member the horn also has a horn switch. However, majority of members have found the issue to be with a blown fuse.
 Ya as I read more I saw most posts end with fuse talk so i figured Ill start there. Thank you though!

And that's why a horn update should also include a relay - for 2 reasons. 1st, the extra current that new louder horn draws will not go directly thru the switch, which is likely pretty light duty. Eventually, the switch contacts will either fail or worse, weld together leaving the horn on. 2nd, the relay will allow that new horn to blast to its full potential.  

Adding a relay is easy enough. Just need some wire, some connectors, and an inline fuse holder.

The "signal" fuse is the horn fuse, not the turn signal fuse. 

Archived