The MT-07 Forum

Another FZ-07R build thread...

henks

Just ordered the Motion Pro 01-0094 (R6 throttle tube) and grips. Hoping for a real short throw with that tube. I'll report how it feels once I get it installed.

-Chris
Central Roadracing Association #286E

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out, the tube I ordered has a factory defect, so I just ordered the actual Yamaha part number through Amazon. Peeled that stock grip off and put on some Motion Pro grips. Spent this morning in the garage (before running out of propane) finishing up the rearsets. All I have left to do is shorten up the line between the rear master and reservoir and those will be totally finished. Also arriving in the mail this week was my windscreen (stock R1), custom Spiegler brake lines (red line/black fitting, and main line 3" shorter), and a bikemaster lithium battery.

Getting close to the end!

-Chris

Getting close to the end!
Quit foolin around, get some PAINTED fairings on that clunker and post some frickin pics. Sheesh...

I dropped bodywork off at the painter's right before he went on vacation. Had to finish his engine rebuild on their second vehicle (body off on Ford Excursion), then he was going to get started. I imagine that would be any day now, if he hasn't started already.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Lots accomplished today.

New brake lines, brake pads, throttle tube, and swapped coolant today.

IMG_20170318_160752635.jpg

-Chris

I went with the EBC Sintered HH pads. Not the $80 super high performance ones, but the $40 ones.

-Chris

• 2 months later...

Here it is without any vinyl. Painter knocked it out of the park

18817726_10158658669485109_1126332222_o.jpg

-Chris

Here it is without any vinyl. Painter knocked it out of the park 

18817726_10158658669485109_1126332222_o.jpg

That bodywork & paint looks so good!  

What rearsets are you running?
The ones from Andy.

-Chris

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/10/2017 at 11:25 PM, FiZi said:

Kendon trailers are nice choice for truck accessories but I haven't seen their lift yet. How was it? Anyway, you're build is in a great progress. Any new updates about it?

That lift I use is just the cheap hydraulic pump one from Harbor Freight tools.  It was a lifesaver on this project.

I only raced one weekend last summer, and thankfully it was the weekend AP was at the track with us.  I had a few issues, including my idle being too low and the bike stalling seconds before my 2nd race of the day.  We attributed the stall due to high ambient temp, and the low idle.  Also having issues with my quickshifter not working, but we think that just might be the connection in the ECU plug.  

The bike was fantastic otherwise, I'm just really, REALLY rusty.  Work, and now school, are really getting in the way of me having any sort of fun.

-Chris

Archived