The MT-07 Forum

New Member from CT

aj0188

I've been following the forum for a little while, researching, justifying my next motorcycle purchase.

Been riding for 11 years. Looking to purchase a light, maneuverable, quick, fun bike.

Haven't established a good relationship with a shop down in southeastern CT yet, but looking forward to it. Working on getting a good year end deal on a '16 FZ-07 Armor Gray.

And an edit to the post to include a pic of the new motorcycle:
garage_pic01.jpg

I've been following the forum for a little while, researching, justifying my next motorcycle purchase. 
Been riding for 11 years. Looking to purchase a light, maneuverable, quick, fun bike.

Haven't established a good relationship with a shop down in southeastern CT yet, but looking forward to it. Working on getting a good year end deal on a '16 FZ-07 Armor Gray.

Whose stadium in your avatar pic? It looks familiar.

Whose stadium in your avatar pic? It looks familiar.
Lane Stadium, home of the Virginia Tech Hokies.  Lost last night in the ACC championship game by only 7, but all VT fans didn't expect the team (who's young, have new coach, etc.) to do so well this season. 

I did pick up my new Armor Gray FZ-07 last night!  Rode it about 30 miles in 42 deg weather.  It was awesome.  Early Christmas present to myself.

Welcome and congrats! Did it wheelie any?
Nope, didn't try and I'll probably try to avoid it.  A little more throttle in 2nd and I'm sure the front wheel would lift, no problem.

It was dark when I rode it home; wanted to get as familiar as I could with controls, etc.  I was surprised by the friction zone on this bike when pulling away in 1st gear on this bike.

Welcome and congrats! Did it wheelie any?
Nope, didn't try and I'll probably try to avoid it.  A little more throttle in 2nd and I'm sure the front wheel would lift, no problem. 
It was dark when I rode it home; wanted to get as familiar as I could with controls, etc.  I was surprised by the friction zone on this bike when pulling away in 1st gear on this bike.
It's easy to avoid wheelies if you're just cruising around, taking it easy but if you ever suddenly have to crack the throttle hard to avoid something be ready for it. May not be a big one but there's a good chance the front end will come up some. Enjoy, stay frosty!

Beemer

Archived