The MT-07 Forum

Crude vid, riding in the Philippines

rhb

Disclaimer, I am not a motovlogger whatever that means, I just thought it might be interesting to see how we ride motorcycles in Asia, This is not me racing or showing my cornering ability but a show and tell of some in town traffic, and a country road going to the mountains, not one of the better bike roads, but just a neighbor hood poorly maintained one (as you will see). people, dogs, potholes, and loose gravel.
I used my cell phone on a very shaky mount so don't be expecting much.
I was trying out my new suspension settings since putting on pre-load adjusters, and further checking out the newly installed Booster plug.
Try looking at it on a PC with headphones, and you can hear the LeoVince pretty well until wind noise gets to loud. Downshifting and general smoothness have improved markedly.
I am buying a small sport CAM now that I see how much fun this can be.
Speaking of CAMs narrowed it down to a couple of Chinese go pro clones, the Git up Git 2, and the SJCAM SJ5000. anybody have suggestions, aside from Go pro, which I don't need for occasional use. And I did plug the forum in the comments. :)
oh yeah, I know my turn signal was on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cj6FCb_kls&t=96s

Holy mother... me thinks a diesel powered skateboard with Dick Cepek 44's might be the ticket.  Seriously tho, cool vid, such a different environment than around here. Beutiful in its own right! 

• Premium Member

Check out the mobius for a cheaper gopro alternative.

Everything went braap.

Nice video, despite the quality / shaking. I really enjoy SouthEast Asia, such an easy vibe to life in those parts. Not sure that I would have picked the FZ07 as a "go to" bike for the road conditions over there. I'd probably get the best road / trail style bike available that had a reliable parts source as my daily driver. Looking forward to more vids as your kit improves.

Nice video, despite the quality / shaking. I really enjoy SouthEast Asia, such an easy vibe to life in those parts. Not sure that I would have picked the FZ07 as a "go to" bike for the road conditions over there. I'd probably get the best road / trail style bike available that had a reliable parts source as my daily driver. Looking forward to more vids as your kit improves.
Thanks, You need two bikes here one for the highways and twisties, and one for the mountains, My other bike is a 200cc Naked sport that does better on the small roads, and in crowded city and town traffic, It's my grocery getter and city bike. But an off road bike would be nice too.
I debated posting the vid as the roads shown are not our better roads for riding a larger bike, but I thought it would be fun to show the town and country traffic culture here.
I searched very hard for my ideal bike, boiled down to three factors, reliability long service intervals, price, and a desire to have a contemporary version of an upright riding bike. ( now called naked bikes in our culture of fairing shrouded liter bikes). My days of riding sport bikes are over.
Just ordered a new camera, more to follow...

Thank you for not blah, blah, blogging (vlogging) or inserting music. The only music I need is the music from the pipe/pipes. I was going to say a used, Yamaha TW200 would probably be nice for around there but you already have the small bike situation covered. Enjoyed the video, thanks!

Beemer

AlbatrossCafe

Too many people make videos where they think we want to hear them talk. Common topics include "the debate on lane splitting", "cagers cutting motorcycles off", and "wheelies". I'm glad yours doesn't have any of it.

Pls though, rotate that camera 90 degrees. 16:9 aspect ratio.

• Premium Member

That leo vince exhaust sounds nice...the road conditions remind me of my local roads here in Michigan...I can see how the light weight and dirt bike like nimbleness of the FZ-07 comes in handy weaving thru that crazy city traffic ? compared to tossing around a top heavy crotch rocket...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Guess I won't be shocked when I see moto riders go in the opposite lane of traffic to "split" thru.

Can't wait to see what happens when you get your new camera going.

I also don't "TALK" in my videos. But sometimes the wind noise is just terrible so I add music in when I share stuff. Hope you took that into consideration when you made your camera purchase!
I have a Drift Stealth 2 and that's the total bummer of that camera. The mic just blows.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Too many people make videos where they think we want to hear them talk. Common topics include "the debate on lane splitting", "cagers cutting motorcycles off", and "wheelies". I'm glad yours doesn't have any of it. 
Talking would be ok as an intro, or to direct attention to something, but constant yammering and "whoo hoos" "well lookie lookie what we have here!"  I agree when I watch a video the last thing I want is music after an intro, let me hear the bike. 
yes, thanks, got it on the aspect ratio, but the mount I had precluded turning the phone, just a quick trial first time effort, ordered a cam yesterday.

HawKeye Firefly Q6 4K 120 Degree Angle, got it on flash sale at Gear Best 45 bucks. no mounting hardware, but I can velcro it on plus i ordered some gizmos. It has the same chip set as the Git Up git 2 ($130 +-). I'll probably get the Git 2 later for a dual cam set up, plus I can use the Hawkeye on my Quad copter.
http://gloimg.gearbest.com/gb/pdm-product-pic/Electronic/2016/09/09/goods-img/1473388382816448020.jpg

I just watched the video again and something I didn't catch the first time struck me as funny. That sign in the beginning of the video that said "no left turn". So, you can't cross into their lane to make a turn but it's OK to be in their lane, coming towards them. Ha! Not knocking you, rhb, you didn't make the laws and I would ride the same way, at low speed, if there. Hell, I rode motorcycles in Korea without a license and I still break laws here but who wouldn't in a place that has retired folk (they can't pull you over for anything) in security cars in place of police. Then there's the sheriff that leave the ticketing of speeders to the state police that are only seen on the highways that I seldom travel. I know when I've got it good but I'd still rather be over there, if for nothing else but the freedom & food.

Beemer

Talking would be ok as an intro, or to direct attention to something, but constant yammering and "whoo hoos" "well lookie lookie what we have here!"  I agree when I watch a video the last thing I want is music after an intro, let me hear the bike. 
yes, thanks, got it on the aspect ratio, but the mount I had precluded turning the phone, just a quick trial first time effort, ordered a cam yesterday.

HawKeye Firefly Q6 4K 120 Degree Angle, got it on flash sale at Gear Best 45 bucks. no mounting hardware, but I can velcro it on plus i ordered some gizmos. It has the same chip set as the Git Up git 2 ($130 +-). I'll probably get the Git 2 later for a dual cam set up, plus I can use the Hawkeye on my Quad copter.
http://gloimg.gearbest.com/gb/pdm-product-pic/Electronic/2016/09/09/goods-img/1473388382816448020.jpg

If for any reason you don't like that camera and decide you want to return it, here's something nice in the same price range I thought you might consider. 
https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Camcorder-Include-Batteries-Accessories/dp/B01FLVPZCU/ref=sr_1_17?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1480602079&sr=1-17&keywords=video+camera

It doesn't reflect it in this link but it's on sale right now for $56.99. Maybe someone else will like one. 1080p @60fps, nice!

Beemer

Archived