The MT-07 Forum

Craig's FZ-07 Track Bike Build Thread

blackout

faffi. Interesting for the racers if they are allowed to mod cams. No angles unfortunately but they do do custom regrinds. Usually I don't worry about cams but the MT/FZ appears cammed down to mid range. You probably actually get more HP out of this particular motor by opening the camming even with stock reflashed ECU and pipes ( new tuned length). Very useful for racers using thew top end a lot. Not so useful for most road rides though. Peak HP is at about over 8000rpm, but it goes all the way to 10500. May be fair scope to raise the peak and with it the HP. Drops off solidly after 10 so that MAY be breathing limit stock inlet passsage/valve area.
If someone has measured the pipe header and tail length of the original Yoshi's for this bike I would be interested. The new one uses the stepped headers for which I don't have the maths to back engineer it.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

I installed the FTecu bike-side data -link.  I found a good spot on the gas tank bracket for the ground.  You can see in the picture.  All went well.  I applied a downloaded Power Commander map to the stock ECU map which is included in the FT software.  That is the safe way to make changes, using the PC maps.  Since the PC maps are a plus or minus fuel percentage, it's easier to visualize and not screw the final map up completely.  For example, I noticed the PC map actually leans the fuel mixture at some of the higher rpm's.  I can reduce the negatives numbers a couple points and see what happens.  One thing to remember is to always apply the PC delta map to the stock map, or you will be compiling any changes and you can end up farther off the stock settings than you wanted to be.
0529171705.jpg

0529171706.jpg

0601171924.jpg

0601171927.jpg

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

sarakentsfz
I installed the FTecu bike-side data -link.  I found a good spot on the gas tank bracket for the ground.  You can see in the picture.  All went well.  I applied a downloaded Power Commander map to the stock ECU map which is included in the FT software.  That is the safe way to make changes, using the PC maps.  Since the PC maps are a plus or minus fuel percentage, it's easier to visualize and not screw the final map up completely.  For example, I noticed the PC map actually leans the fuel mixture at some of the higher rpm's.  I can reduce the negatives numbers a couple points and see what happens.  One thing to remember is to always apply the PC delta map to the stock map, or you will be compiling any changes and you can end up farther off the stock settings than you wanted to be. 0529171705.jpg

0529171706.jpg

0601171924.jpg

0601171927.jpg

Which pins numbers are the ftecu pins installed in?

• Premium Member
I installed the FTecu bike-side data -link.  I found a good spot on the gas tank bracket for the ground.  You can see in the picture.  All went well.  I applied a downloaded Power Commander map to the stock ECU map which is included in the FT software.  That is the safe way to make changes, using the PC maps.  Since the PC maps are a plus or minus fuel percentage, it's easier to visualize and not screw the final map up completely.  For example, I noticed the PC map actually leans the fuel mixture at some of the higher rpm's.  I can reduce the negatives numbers a couple points and see what happens.  One thing to remember is to always apply the PC delta map to the stock map, or you will be compiling any changes and you can end up farther off the stock settings than you wanted to be. 0529171705.jpg

0529171706.jpg

0601171924.jpg

0601171927.jpg

Which pins numbers are the ftecu pins installed in?
Sorry, meant to snap a picture this morning of the instructions before riding to work, but forgot.  I'll try to remember tonight.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

0628170952.jpg

Made it to my first track day at NYST! All went well, but no good pictures worth paying for.  Maybe next time.  There was a FZ-07R there loaded with all the goodies!

Anyways, I added two carbon tubes to stiffen the windscreen at speeds and over harsh bumps.  It does it's job well so I'm satisfied.  I modified the tubes with threaded inserts and slots on the bottom.  The raw tubes are available from www.goodwinds.com

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Archived