The MT-07 Forum

Motodynamic Turn Signas - Front

botticelli

• Premium Member

These totally rule, got them and could not be happier with them. I had the TST ones in the front before but they always had water in them. These are sweet and I got my running lights back.

I was the test bike for these and went over to Motodynamic to get the first set.

They work great and look good too! I would upload a pic, but the ones on the site are my bike so check em out.

** Disclaimer, not sponsored or anything, I'm just very happy with the product.

PS they also fit the FZ09

https://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/turn-signals/flush-mount-led-front-turn-signals-2014-2016-yamaha-fz-07-fz-09.html

~Peter

'16 FZ07

• 1 month later...

I have these out front the flush mounts from tst, just make sure you got some needle nose pliers. Mine work great and super bright

How are these from the front? I always have my doubts (probably unfound) with flush mounts... Especially in daylight! 
I don't mean to rag on them, I think they look good and like how they seat but shouldn't they be at least angled forward enough so that people in front of you get the full effect of the light instead of people directly beside you? Turn signals are for people to your front and rear to see more so than people beside you, right? I mean, you don't see anyone turning their headlight to the side. If you think they're visible/safe enough or just aren't worried about it then by all means buy them. Just pointing something out that may or may not be a safety issue.  Stay frosty! 

Beemer

How are these from the front? I always have my doubts (probably unfound) with flush mounts... Especially in daylight! 
I don't mean to rag on them, I think they look good and like how they seat but shouldn't they be at least angled forward enough so that people in front of you get the full effect of the light instead of people directly beside you? Turn signals are for people to your front and rear to see more so than people beside you, right? I mean, you don't see anyone turning their headlight to the side. If you think they're visible/safe enough or just aren't worried about it then by all means buy them. Just pointing something out that may or may not be a safety issue.  Stay frosty!
Totally agree with you. Typical case of form over function. They look great but I really doubt they do their job. 

• 7 months later...
Totally agree with you. Typical case of form over function. They look great but I really doubt they do their job.
I stick my arm out in and out in and out in and out while holding a 3 billion cf LED 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Even with the pumpkins that come with our bikes I don't trust that some preoccupied people will see them, let alone some tiny LED so If the situation permits, I use arm signals when I switch lanes and I hold that arm out for at least a few seconds in hopes they will see it sticking out. God only knows if some idiots will understand the meaning of it.  :P

Beemer

Even with the pumpkins that come with our bikes I don't trust that some preoccupied people will see them, let alone some tiny LED so If the situation permits, I use arm signals when I switch lanes and I hold that arm out for at least a few seconds in hopes they will see it sticking out. God only knows if some idiots will understand the meaning of it.  :P
Personally, Bling like this makes for a false sense of security.  I am with you on the pumpkins.  I never assume a cager sees me even when they look right at me.  Good read below on why Science shows why this occurs its called Sarcastic Masking ;) Actually Science calls is saccadic masking.  My Point is simple.  I think the blingers who think all this is cool is just that, the problem I see is a false sense or a lack of sense when it comes to self preservation on a bike.

https://gearheads.org/why-dont-drivers-see-motorcyclists-science-explains-why/

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

I always use hand signals, stock, or aftermarket for me meet the legal requirements but in no way shape or form help you to be "seen"

'16 FZ07

• 2 weeks later...

So I bit the bullet and bought a set. And boy am I impressed! These are insanely bright! WAY WAY brighter than anything on the market I have found. From the front and the rear the output excellent. The side view is blinding! I don't think I could possibly forget they are on now after a turn. And with the multiple flash options, you can't help but see them. Hands down one of my favorite upgrades to her so far.

• Premium Member

People to my sides, waiting at a red light noticing Im turning is illogical. Style over function/safety, flush-mount signals are lost on me. Just my 2 cents.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
I felt the same way. But as I stated, that is not an issue with these. These are beyond bright 360° around the bike.
Fair enough, sorry I came across a bit dick-ish there. I'd have to see them in action before I can properly complain. ;) 

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I have a beacon light attached to my helmet. Its like 100,000,000 LUX.

Fair enough, sorry I came across a bit dick-ish there. I'd have to see them in action before I can properly complain. ;)

No offense taken! ?
I like the look, but safety and being seen are my primary concern. I wear a hi-viz helmet and jacket at all times. I'm always looking for ways to stand out more. If these were not at least as bright as my stock pumpkins, I would pull them. But they are drastically brighter and that to me = safer! Just my 2 cents. LOL

I will try to get pics or video, but as you all know it's never the same as "in person".

Follow up, the Motodynamic flush LED front signals are on and work great.  Very visible and they have DRL which is why I went with these.

i think I'm going TST integrated light and fender eliminator on the back.

be safe

• 1 month later...

I dare anyone with these turn signals to put up a video of these turn signals blinking while in direct sunlight on a bright, sunny day. *real world test, not in some dim garage) Double the challenge if the DRL's are hooked up and working. Get them in the video, too. Be sure and stand/record about how far a car would be in front of the bike and slightly to it's left for a fair test. Note: You don't have to own a set to know that no matter how bright they are you only see a fraction of the surface area if you are in front of the bike. The light may be bright but will appear smaller turned sideways and it's hard to see small lights in the daytime. This is just a heads up to people not aware of the cons to flush mount turn signals. they only tell you the pros, how cool they look and how bright they are. Still, it's your dime, your life and your choice.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
47 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I dare anyone with these turn signals to put up a video of these turn signals blinking while in direct sunlight on a bright, sunny day. *real world test, not in some dim garage) Double the challenge if the DRL's are hooked up and working. Get them in the video, too. Be sure and stand/record about how far a car would be in front of the bike and slightly to it's left for a fair test.

I'd like to see that as well. 

Archived