The MT-07 Forum

Fz07 skid plates

skiddum

But there both abs plastic.
But on the good side the company makes rear huggers that I haven't been able to find so if anyone has a link on a few of them I'd like to see some options5b63935c3d0b5d172c6c0248cc83ed5f.jpg

None of these are intended as "skid plates," imho... but cosmetics only.  The lone exception would appear to possibly be that of w1ngzer0.
Avanti what w1mgzer0 one are you looking at I can't find any but the 2. One that's made by SW MOTECH and the full cage with skid plate

• Premium Member

skiddum, it's the 2nd post from the very top in this thread, but it isn't on a 07. On a hyper(motard?). It seems functionally to be pretty close to a real skid-plate, but perhaps if offering a bit more coverage and one thickness greater gauge metal would be still better for the purpose, imho.

[div style=text-align:center]Found this picture online had some info with it....but alas I lost everything but this picture....[/div]

You'll need a serious fork upgrade. Cause the forks in dual sports are ment to take a beating. There seriously strong but usually not ment for the super high speed of the street bikes

Found the skid plate link I was looking for. 
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/yamaha-fz-07-mt-07-thread.1055620/page-93

I plan on doing mild offroad and gravel roads. 
You'll need a serious fork upgrade. Cause the forks in dual sports are ment to take a beating. There seriously strong but usually not ment for the super high speed of the street bikes. At least the way it was explained to me. The ones on my little 250 dual sport where. I beat the hell out of that bike and never had a problem it

I live in Florida where off road means sand.....not rocks, very few hills...sigh. so back dirt (sand) roads are my lot in life. Get to ride year round though.... I have to travel north a couple of hours to find real offroading. My knees protest rough offroading...so I go exploring at sane speeds paved and unpaved roads. A fork upgrade is in the works. Just installed a fz09 rear shock. Had to do some minor machining but a big improvement. Only spent $50 for it on ebay.

Cool cool. Yeah I know about Florida and GA I spent allot of my summers down there. Blackshear, Waycross area. And that's one thing I've been trying to figure out cause we want to do a cross country ride from Utah to my mom's but she lives off on the sand roads. And yeah. Street tires plus sand aught to make for some interesting riding. I wanna get the new Michelin Pilot Road 4 Rear Tires. They got some nice tread in them but I still have my doubts that it'll deal well with that kinda terrain.
a1ab88b5fa5cb9a7c8c4d0fca7f3028b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
IMG_3552.jpg
Anyone know anything about this? That is a Higdonion Fab bars and plate, he is on the vender list. Great guy that is my bike he has more to do yet will post when im done

Sweet when I have him do my cage I hope he can do a skid plate similar to that one i like how it comes up like that in the front. More protection that way
Do you have a different exhaust on it. Cause I live in Utah so if I change my exhaust I need a cat and there only one brand I've found that offers a cat

Archived