The MT-07 Forum

Fz07 skid plates

skiddum

Hey guys I'm looking at skid plates and I've found 2 I like. I'm wondering of you guys have any others and what your opinion is I'm having a hard time deciding
a4c00de74a114ea29a1b9e7c7cffd275.jpg

ad5e9ace89e524d58e78ae9ec95ca4c7.jpg

The one revzilla sells I really like because it's adds that layer of protection
But I believe the one yamaha sells as the lower sub cowl adds that protection as well but I really like the look of it

Is that a plastic belly pan (lower sub cowl) by Yamaha or a metal skid plate? Big difference between the two. For the best protection get a skid plate.

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I'm concerned that the Yamaha lower sub cowl won't fit with my Akra headers. Anyone know?
@pgeldz has the Yamaha sub-cowl installed with the Akra Ti with no issues, not sure about the Akra Carbon exhaust.

• Premium Member

None of these are intended as "skid plates," imho... but cosmetics only.  The lone exception would appear to possibly be that of w1ngzer0.

I really like this one it's a hole protective cage looks like it would help protect the motor and you can add sliders and so on and it has a skid plate underneath 19f9f4b7d03112c74c9cda326fe0053d.jpg

Kinda pricey but that's some serious protection. And from what i read there made to order so I'm sure if you change up the exhaust they can make sure it fits with it

• Global Moderator

If you are looking for protection make sure to check out @higdonion in the supporting vendor area.  Here is a link to their forum area. 

Hey that's exactly what I was looking at.

32abe3ef9ec3e7204235388465d5989a.jpg

I'm really a protection nut. I took a 200 dollar coat with ce protection in the elbows and I've added ce protection to places where there wasn't especially around the chest, ribs, shoulders over the colar bone and scapula and spine.
I've also got ideas on how to add better ventilation for summer riding and ways to cover it for cold weather riding,
Chaps I've added forcefield level Forcefield Net Flat Replacement Elbow / Knee Armor to the knees.
I wish the chaps had something on the hip area I might add some extra leather to that area so I can add some hip protection

my bike I'm no different I want to add protection but reasonably. It's my baby I want to keep it nice. But I also want to shed some pounds here and there so I'm looking at an exhaust but Utah has emissions so guess what it has to have a cat. And there's only one exhaust that you can add a cat that I've found. Doesn't sound bad though. I also want to add a steering dampener, shocks both front and rear. I really like the razor shock and the front fork buy that company supposed to be awesome. And breaks by Matt has given me a few ideas on shocks I can use as well.

0c1169065d5b86808d0f965abf3c6300.jpg 

But im still waiting for them to reply back what it's made out of
I have an Ermax belly pan and it is all plastic. I'm sure it will deflect small pebbles but belly pans were originally designed for the race track to keep oil from getting onto the track. They weren't designed to protect an engine. Get the skid plate (protection cage) you put up, it looks very sturdy and should offer good protection. GL!

Beemer

Oh, I didn't think about that. I just thought that since this was a topic about cowls and skid plates, one of the several members with Akras could provide some knowledge without me having to dig. I won't ask again. My bad.
Hey slow down man I was just saying you might have a faster answer that way if you wanna wait and see if someone knows then hey no problem but don't take offense just cause someone says that he doesn't know but you might be able to find it in to forums. Actually one sec I'll do the search myself just cause I'm that kinda guy

Oh, I didn't think about that. I just thought that since this was a topic about cowls and skid plates, one of the several members with Akras could provide some knowledge without me having to dig. I won't ask again. My bad.
Just for you buddy 021e44977f835d4b40e5afb8a973af87.jpg

And this is the member he was talking about answering.your question. I hope that takes care of your question. But seriously don't take offense just cause someone doesn't know and suggest to look through the forums

6350004b1cceb7e236ac4acefc60a786.jpg

Archived