The MT-07 Forum

I am happiest person alive

onur

Hi guys. I am a member for few months but I finally got my FZ-07, and I am happiest person alive now :D

Here is my cengaver (warrior in Turkish).

peT0eHf.jpg

I rode 300km in -10 °C to reach my hometown. Totally worth it!

But I think chain needs a bit adjustment, there is some noise coming from chain at 3-4k rpm.

Sorry for my English

Welcome and congrats! Like that candy red. Chain probably just needs time to wear in and they usually do make some noise. Still, take a look at the play in it.

Beemer

I am not sure but I think this is too loose:

lKtYcg8.jpg

Manual says distance more than 58mm can damage frame, swingarm and other parts. Mine is 60mm without any pressure. I guess they forgot to tighten chain. I hope nothing got damaged, there is only some annoying noise in low rpms.

Sorry for my English

• Premium Member

The stock chain is noisy and gets worse I ran mine for over 15,000 miles and it should have been changed at 10,000 or so and a new X ring chain is a world of difference.

I know in the book is says to measure off the rubber guide off the bottom of the swing arm but I like the normal method of setting the tape on the ground and measuring travel ( 1" to 1 1/4 ) its likely the same on every bike. Like this ( the best video I found in a pinch)

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Welcome to the first day of your new life. Be advised you'll spend tons of money for upgrades haha. These things are so freaking awesome and you'll want a wind screen cause over 60 the wind wants to rip you off. The MRA double bubble or the PUIG naked new generation windscreen sports or touring work really well. Both have great reviews.

• Premium Member

Candy red looks niiice! Welcome!!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived