The MT-07 Forum

Can't decide what exhaust to buy

bharberts

With so many options I don't know what to do. I'm leaning more towards the yoshi or the voodoo but without hearing the voodoo exhaust on the bike I'm kinda curious about it any suggestions?

It's pricey but I went with the Akrapovic full titanium system. IMO it is the best sounding exhaust for this bike. All the other ones to me just sound weird or you can hear the air coming out of them with a whistle type sound. The Akra has a pure deep throaty ballsy sound and it also performs very well. That plus the visual look of those carbon cans hanging off the side of the bike just doesn't appeal to me. The Akra ti lays very nicely under the bike and exits right in front of the rear tire and flows with the bike perfectly.

yeah I've also thought about that one too. My dad works at a bike shop so I get about 20% off some exhaust systems but still it is the most expensive one out there. 

• Premium Member

Just my nickel's worth... don't buy ANYTHING... nil, nada, zilch... without hearing it on a 07 first.

Oh yeah I know I've been searching the Internet trying to find a sound clip but no luck so far
[video src=https://youtu.be/l8h_r3kIuuk]  compliments of kyrtgr.

Beemer

Oh yeah I know I've been searching the Internet trying to find a sound clip but no luck so far
[video src=https://youtu.be/l8h_r3kIuuk]  compliments of kyrtgr.

Yep, this is one of the best exhaust comparisons!!! ?

Safe riding!

• 4 weeks later...

I have the LeoVince underbody, It is an awesome sounding exhaust and very loud with the baffle in, it is beyond my expectations. Do not go by any online you tube recordings, they are not the least accurate. There are two choices if you like underbody style exhausts, depending on your budget, the Akra TI or the Leo.
Forget the dyno curves your butt will not discern the differences.
IMG_20161208_132418.jpg

image upload

andrewnguyen23

in the same boat, excepting i'm weighing the options of the Akra Titanium vs Carbon... I'm leaning towards the Titanium... IMO, it just sounds a lot meaner, stronger, and more badass than the rest of the options out there. The con is the cost (almost $900 bucks)! We'll see what both our Fz's get upgraded to!

Where do you guys live? If it's around any of us with an aftermarket exhaust, maybe you can listen to it if we meet!

Safe riding!

No i haven't bought anything yet I'm stuck between the akra ti or the yoshimura r77 exhaust but i got a few months to deal with this Minnesota winter to decide haha

Have you heard the Hindle exhaust? It sounds monster plus . Also arrow's full system sounds tits and has an incredibly nice and broad gains of tq/hp across the board with not as many spikes in some gains as others in certain rpm

No i haven't bought anything yet I'm stuck between the akra ti or the yoshimura r77 exhaust but i got a few months to deal with this Minnesota winter to decide haha
Ha! Minnesota winter's are good for something, now you don't have to worry about making a rushed decision. Let us know in a few what you went with. 

Beemer

bbsteinnewyork
I know the Graves is the most expensive but the sound, the power, the build quality and the look are by far the the best exhaust for the Fz07. Everyone who uses this engine platform for drinks track racing uses the Graves. I bought it for my wife's bike and it was money well spent. It even made the best power with the sound insert in.

Looking at all the various dyno curves out there, number one: there is a lot of variation between different tuners, and number 2, all the power curves are similar for the various pipes. Its when you add a DNA stage 2, or Hord box in COMBINATION with an exhaust, AND a proper ECU flash or dyno tested fueling device, you get some significant increases.(some do better with baffle in or out etc)
If you can get 70 HP to the rear wheel in the real world, your doing good (IMHO). That is if maximum power is what your after. You have to buy what you like, what looks and sounds good to you.
I saw that 2WDW gets the best results with the AKRA TI and the Yoshi. The Akra rated at 75 HP at 9-10,000 rpms. and that's another thing, how often are we riding at the power band where the HP gains kick in? Looking at the torque curve gives a better indication of low end grunt. Wen you compare the dyno charts at 5,000 t0 7,000 rpm, all the outputs begin to look similar for various pipes.

Archived