The MT-07 Forum

Aloha

Zephyr

20170315_110921_001.jpg
Updates. Been trying to get out for more rides and has been fruitful. Found out that the airport doesn't charge for motorcycles to park *saved me a Jackson!

Current Mods:
2WDW Flash
Vagabond Frame Sliders
Dart Flyscreen
Radiator Guard
SW-Motech Pillion Seat Rack - Converted to mount Shad Top Case
SW-Motech Centerstand
Shad 40 Top Case
Cyclops H4 7000 Lumen Led Headlight module
Sag / Preload adjusted

Future Mods:
Marine Grade 12V "lighter plug" with voltmeter to be wired directly to battery with switch to turn on/off as needed for items that require more than the 2A that the AUX DC will provide. Mounting location on bike undetermined at this time. Adding this specifically for a 12V DC tire inflator that I plan on keeping in my "road side" kit.
Marine Grade USB outlet wired to 2A Aux connection. Mounted to Handlebars. Not a priority at this time, though with my phone battery life waning, it is .
Phone mount (Ram or Rokform) - Not a high priority. Will probably happen after the USB & 12V upgrade.
Exhaust Upgrade - Undetermined at this time. Moving to the end of the list. The bike sound better since the flash and I think that I enjoy the quiet.
Brake Pad upgrade - Probably the EBC - HH Series, though that may change. In due time. The current brakes are good enough for now.
Suspension upgrade - Moving up in priority. One day the bike feels settled and the next it feels like it wants to wander a bit. Nothing major, but I feel like there's a definitive sweet spot that is missing.
Front and Rear turn signal upgrade - LED conversion, type undetermined. Maybe. I was told that I couldn't pass safety inspection, but I think that I can since the inspectors don't compare your bike to a "stock" bike for reference.
Horn Upgrade - Denali Soundbomb Mini (Low on the priority list)
Additional lighting - I like the rear under cowl and front air scoop turn signal mods, so will be looking into that. No fender eliminator possible as I cannot pass safety inspection if I install that.

Current "Road Side kit":
Rain Suit - Used once and did a good job, but was insanely hot!
Tire Repair Kit
Tire Inflator - Not currently carrying since it's a bit large to fit helmet; jacket; and all of this roadside kit into the SHad40. I also don't have an easy power source yet.
Digital Tire Guage
Mini Flashlight

Current Riding Gear:
Helmet - Shoei RF-1200 Parameter Hi Viz

Jacket - Rukka AiRider w/ Back protector
Pants - Klim K Fifty 1 Jeans (Drk Blue)
Gloves - Alpinestars SMX-1 Air (Blk/HiViz)
Shoes - TCX X-Street Waterproof
Ear Protection - NoNoise Music Noise Filter

• 3 months later...

Went for a ride today. Just completed the 600 mile service (except throttle body sync, which I'll do some day soon perhaps).

Current Mods:
2WDW Flash
Vagabond Frame Sliders
Dart Flyscreen (removed - I like the increased airflow at lower speeds)
Radiator Guard
SW-Motech Centerstand
Shad 40 Top Case
R1 Throttle Tube
ProBolt Ti Axle Nut
Moto-777 Aftermarket levers
Passenger pegs removed
DIY Rear Brake Reservoir relocate bracket. (Pail handle wire.)
Stainless Magnetic Oil Drain plug (Gold Plug)

20170628_145942_2.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Wow.  I can't believe that it's been over a year since I posted in this thread.

Mods Update:
2WDW Flash
Vagabond Frame Sliders
Radiator Guard
SW-Motech Centerstand
Shad 40 Top Case 
R1 Throttle Tube
ProBolt Ti Axle Nut
Moto-777 Aftermarket levers
Passenger pegs removed
DIY Rear Brake Reservoir relocate bracket. (Pail handle wire.)
Stainless Magnetic Oil Drain plug (Gold Plug)

Homemade mirror extenders (cut-off bolt used to lengthen threaded portion & heat shrink wrapped.  Does the job, but adds some vibration)

Added lights into the front air scoops and under the rear of the seat.  Love the looks, but better / brighter led strips should have been used.  The rear give me running lights/brake (change from yellow to red) and the front are running white and also blinkers.

Akropovic Ti Exhaust - More than pleased.

K-Tech Razor Lite rear shock.

Front Forks...  Still waiting on that to manifest.

CoreMoto - Stainless braided front + rear brake cables

20180907_143109.thumb.jpg.99ebd0eb0a54eaea19fd9dcd7f813028.jpg

Went for a ride today after what seemed like forever.  About 170 miles roundtrip out to Pololu Valley Lookout.  The road out there is superb and the weather has been perfect lately.  I only wish that I could have spent the day hiking down into the valley and taking a swim.  Overall I spent about 7 hrs total on the bike running errands in the morning plus the trip.  Although a great day it beat my arse, upper hamstrings & left knee up.  I was quite saddle sore by the end and was happy to be off of the bike.  I think that a seat upgrade has officially hit the top of my list for my next mod followed by some rearsets to help my knee out.  Still loving the bike in spite of those quirks.  I also met a guy on a KTM that invited me to come ride with him and a few friends.  I'll probably hit him up just to see what they are about.  Hope y'all are getting out while you can.  Stay Safe!

• Like 2

Nice write up! I'm curious, what's to stop a person from flying over a concrete curb and a couple hundred feet down onto a rocky shore line or is the pic deceptive??

Beemer

• Global Moderator
5 hours ago, Beemer said:

Nice write up! I'm curious, what's to stop a person from flying over a concrete curb and a couple hundred feet down onto a rocky shore line or is the pic deceptive??

There is a three inch curb.  What more do you need. :) 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, mjh937 said:

There is a three inch curb.  What more do you need. :) 

I see, it's optional whether you want to grab the curb or not at 40 mph. 😜

• Haha 2

Beemer

On 9/8/2018 at 4:16 AM, Beemer said:

The picture isn't too deceptive.  There is a steep drop over rough and overgrown terrain on the other side of the curb, but not so much a cliff per se.  You'd be very very sore and very lucky to get banged up and not go far, otherwise you'd be in for a life altering experience for sure.  Good thing is that this is literally at the end of the road and there's not much room to launch off the curb, but I'm sure stoopid will come along one day to try and prove me wrong.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zephyr said:

The picture isn't too deceptive.  There is a steep drop over rough and overgrown terrain on the other side of the curb, but not so much a cliff per se.  You'd be very very sore and very lucky to get banged up and not go far, otherwise you'd be in for a life altering experience for sure.  Good thing is that this is literally at the end of the road and there's not much room to launch off the curb, but I'm sure stoopid will come along one day to try and prove me wrong.

lol! I think you're on your toes around Ol' stoopid, it will be someone else that stoopid has it's way with.

• Like 1

Beemer

• 1 year later...

Been a minute since I posted on my own feed.  Finally got around to taking a picture at a place nearby.  I should do a mods update again soon, but not today.  Enjoy!

367083038_20191119_160800(2).thumb.jpg.8b1f5370b1b816980994a42b4582bcc0.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Been a minute since I posted on my own feed.  Finally got around to taking a picture at a place nearby.  I should do a mods update again soon, but not today.  Enjoy!

367083038_20191119_160800(2).thumb.jpg.8b1f5370b1b816980994a42b4582bcc0.jpg

Beautiful bike and place, love the color of that water. Nice pic. You should put up some pics of Hawaii in "Photography Corner" under "Off Topic Discussions."

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
7 hours ago, Beemer said:

Beautiful bike and place, love the color of that water. Nice pic. You should put up some pics of Hawaii in "Photography Corner" under "Off Topic Discussions."

I second that--we'd love to see you in "Photography Corner." 😉

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

On 11/20/2019 at 3:59 AM, Beemer said:

On 11/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, bornagainbiker said:

I second that--we'd love to see you in "Photography Corner." 😉

HaHa.  I've perused that corner and knew in short order that any lofty thoughts of taking a good picture were utter nonsense in comparison to the images posted.  I may try and post occasionally if I have an opportunity to capture anything interesting.   I don't have a proper camera, though I feel that I should be able to produce better photos based on all of the raving reviews phone cameras get these days.  I suppose that I should invest a little effort towards how to get the most from my phone's camera.  

Thanks for dropping a line in my thread.

PS.  I think I'll try and tag the locations whenever I can.  This photo was taken at :

Edited by Zephyr

HaHa.  I've perused that corner and knew in short order that any lofty thoughts of taking a good picture were utter nonsense in comparison to the images posted.  I may try and post occasionally if I have an opportunity to capture anything interesting.   I don't have a proper camera, though I feel that I should be able to produce better photos based on all of the raving reviews phone cameras get these days.  I suppose that I should invest a little effort towards how to get the most from my phone's camera.  

Thanks for dropping a line in my thread.

PS.  I think I'll try and tag the locations whenever I can.  This photo was taken at :

I don't see 'a' photo but the link provides eight pics, are those yours? I've seen some awesome pics from phones and they honestly don't have to be sharply focused, high quality pics so long as they're interesting in some way. I don't judge pics on quality alone, I look at content, color, contrast, composure, etc. and I'm sure others do the same.  I bet you can get some unique pictures too, being in Hawaii. If it helps any I really liked you bike pic. If you can take more pictures like that that's more than good enough.

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

A pic I took yesterday. Not my best/sharpest but I did like the colors in this one.

swamp 648 (3)pp.jpg

Great background--well seen and captured.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

On 11/22/2019 at 2:34 AM, Beemer said:

I don't see 'a' photo but the link provides eight pics, are those yours? I've seen some awesome pics from phones and they honestly don't have to be sharply focused, high quality pics so long as they're interesting in some way. I don't judge pics on quality alone, I look at content, color, contrast, composure, etc. and I'm sure others do the same.  I bet you can get some unique pictures too, being in Hawaii. If it helps any I really liked you bike pic. If you can take more pictures like that that's more than good enough.

The pictures aren't mine.  It's just a link showing the location where I took the recent pic posted above.  I'll try and do some research to plan out some rides so that I can capture some decent/interesting pics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The pictures aren't mine.  It's just a link showing the location where I took the recent pic posted above.  I'll try and do some research to plan out some rides so that I can capture some decent/interesting pics.

Pics of animals in that part of the world would be interesting, also. Tropical birds are always cool and who could hate a big turtle?

• Thanks 1

Beemer

Went to the Belize Zoo and took some cell pics so nowhere near what you guys do but this one turned out pretty cool. I have never been so close to big cats before and this Jaguar wanted to eat us. 

C7A3F05D-747D-4163-AEB0-B528063CC20C.jpeg

9C8CA8CA-2072-4E9D-8E08-9A06C2378A53.jpeg

5928D49D-2A84-4657-A36E-DD8EE7A8C882.jpeg

***mods please move to photography section***

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I guess my own moto thread deserves an update as well.

Changes since previous updates.  Removed spare gas cylinder - reinstalled passenger pegs.  Installed flush proton 500 blinkers up front and proton arc in rear.  Otherwise I think all remains the same.

20211021_123116.thumb.jpg.90e7b3be82eb67734ae662f79d1b1a60.jpg

• Like 2

How are the twistys on the big island?  Is there any?  I lived in Oahu as a kid, I only remember the highways.  Visited Maui twice, made me think that place is terrible for riding based on road design and the fact that people all drive fairly slow (plus the microclimates would no doubt make me unprepared and wet).

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

2 minutes ago, duenan said:

How are the twistys on the big island?  Is there any?  I lived in Oahu as a kid, I only remember the highways.  Visited Maui twice, made me think that place is terrible for riding based on road design and the fact that people all drive fairly slow (plus the microclimates would no doubt make me unprepared and wet).

Big Island has a few roads that are decent curves, but nothing spectacular as far as riding goes.  Anything that is twisty enough to quite fun is full of potholes, root bumps and drivers that don't understand a double yellow, not to mention the narrowness of the road.  The microclimates here are even more bountiful - 8 of the worlds 13 climate zones (some say as many as 11, though I'm not a scientist).  You definitely need to understand your ride if planning on traveling around the island.  Most of the time I'm not too concerned about cold or wet, since you can plan your ride around those for the most part, or just suffer until you dry out in a warmer location.  Overall I would rate the scenery as quite high and the roads mediocre.  I constantly wish we had a track to ride.

• Like 1