The MT-07 Forum

FRONT SUSPENSION AND RIMS

skiddum

OK 1 can the front suspension on the 2015 fz-07 be adjusted. The owners manual I have doesn't have anything in it about it. Might be an older book I got the bike used so who knows. Also rims. I wanna get some new rims for but not sure where to get them from I wanna completely change up the style and maybe go to a 16 inch rim instead of 17 and go 160 on the back maybe not sure yet but just trying to figure out what I can do and you guys have the most informative so here we are.

• Global Moderator

The front suspension is not adjustable. I have no idea about changing rims though.

Thanks
I didn't think they where not unless I actually swap them out for a different set of shocks.
But I wanna get some different rims something nicer with kinda a neon blue tint to them I think that would look absolutely outstanding on the red bike

Not sure about the wheels but if you just wanted another color you could take the stock ones off and have them sand blasted and painted or powder coated.

• Global Moderator

@skiddum, there is a supporting vendor with some great suspension options and advice named "Forks by Matt". I agree that painting or powdercoating the stock rims would be the most cost effective by far, of course if you want a different size that would not work.

• Global Moderator
I'd love to talk to the forks by Matt guy. See what he says
His user name is @pattonme and he is fairly active on the forum.  He is a great resource on anything suspension related. 

Good luck finding rubber for the 16" though. You might look around for FZR400 or CBR900RR rims (most come painted white) for 16" candidates. The trick will be to get calipers, rotors and axle spacers to get things lined up. And that's assuming the axle diameter is compatible (not likely).

I think the YFZ600R (aka Thundercat) came with a 160 compatible 4.5" rim. Not much else from Yam has that size. Best source is probably SV650 or Bandit wheels.

Might want to poke around the Suspension area board and my dedicated section.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived